[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Should I do internet marketing full time or do it on... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Should I do internet marketing full time or do it on...

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Should I do internet marketing full time or do it on...

Postby laylagrace » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:41 pm

laylagrace

Postby nar321 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:13 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:55 am

Oregon Coast Guy

Postby laylagrace » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 am

I do have a part-time job. Been working there 3 years. It doesn't pay huge so by the time I pay the cell phone bill, transportation, food, and any other little things I might need I'm down to what little I can put in the bank to save. Even the people at work who love me and wish I could work for them forever are asking about if I've found a full-time job yet. I think I'm going to have to either find a full-time job or find another part-time job and work two part-time jobs. *sigh*
laylagrace

Postby kidino » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Alright, here's my 2 cents....

With me, I graduated, got a job and did internet marketing on the side. And later when 1) I am making enough to support myself 2) I don't feel I am being fair with my employer because I keep thinking about the Internet even at work (hey, you got to make an "honest" living) -- I quit.

You have a different situation from what I had. It's like you've never had a job before since you just graduated college.

You can take this on full-time because you have lesser responsibilities now and you have lesser expenses. Plus while you still live with your parents, it's great because you have lesser expenses. You can still depend on them for meals, a place to live (vs rental) and probably laundry.

However, you still need to support yourself before this works out for you.

My suggestion is this...

1) Create a plan on how you want to make money online.

Capitalize on skills/experience/hobbies/expertise you already have (what did you learn at college, by the way?) -- It'll be easier, possibly faster for you that way.

2) Consult experienced SSWT members with you plan

I recommend the Elite Forum. Would be happy to critique/comment on your plans there. Plus, it's more secure too...

3) Think about ways to support yourself in the meantime.

You can get a part-time job like what you do now. But I would also like to suggest online freelancing like designing, programming, writing, drawing, etc... It's easier and faster to make money with freelancing rather than other things online. No product creation, no inventory, almost no capital investments, etc... you know where I am going. But of course, you want to do something else in the long run like creating a product, affiliate marketing because freelancing can take a lot of your time.

I hope this helps... would love to know what you decide to do. Please keep us updated.
kidino
Elite Member

Postby Ron Killian » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Ron Killian

Postby laylagrace » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Well, I've decided to while working at my part-time job, to look for a full-time job and do the internet marketing thing as well. While I can depend on my parents right now for a roof over my head and food and laundry that's not going to last long. They want me working a full-time job and making money to support myself and they don't support me being locked up in my room all day on the internet. No matter how much I tell them that "internet marketing" is a full-time job and I will soon make enough money off of it to support myself they don't get it. 2 months at it and only $5 and change to show for it does not cut it in their book and in mine either to tell you the truth.
laylagrace

Postby Ron Killian » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:24 am

Just curious, are the sites listed in your signature, what your doing to make money on the net?
Ron Killian

Postby laylagrace » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 am

laylagrace

Postby Ron Killian » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:37 am

Not saying your doing a bad job. Guess I'm trying to understand how your trying to make money off the sites. All I saw was some adsense ads on the one site and that was at the very bottom of the page (not good) and one ad in the sidebar. On the second site, I didn't see anything to make money. Unless I am missing ads or revenue generators on either site?

Obviously could be why you only made $5 or so. Not trying to be rude, or give you a hard time, more a critique. Another question, is the subject something that could make money in the first place? There are plenty of things that are popular on the net, but the audience just doesn't buy, of they are not ones to buy anything. I don't know myself for your topic, just thinking out loud.

I am all for people doing their own thing, more power to them. It can also be said that when you do something you enjoy, it won't seem like "work". But when some one's looking to make money...

At the very least get more ads, and for sure get your adsense ads at the top. I checked keywords for alicia keys and while there are a large number of searches, many advertisers are not paying big money per click, which means not much earnings when it comes to adsense. Course depends on what your targeting, a number of keywords pay okay.

Another thing, on one site you have AK media, the other is AK daily, for your titles, which are really your keywords as seen by search engines. Both of them have quite low search volume, meaning not many people are searching using those keywords/phrases.

Maybe you know all this already. Just a number of things you could do to improve your earnings :)
Ron Killian

Postby laylagrace » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:13 pm

laylagrace

Postby laylagrace » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:24 pm

laylagrace

Postby Ron Killian » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Ron Killian

Postby nar321 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:16 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby Ron Killian » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:24 pm

Ron Killian