[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Should I do internet marketing full time or do it on... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Should I do internet marketing full time or do it on...

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Ron Killian » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Ron Killian

Postby laylagrace » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:59 am

laylagrace

Postby Ron Killian » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:14 pm

I think I said it before, but I'll say it again, I hope you don't think I'm knocking what your doing. I was just thinking it out, not so much about the niche itself, but what the possibilities when it comes to making money with it. Heck you've created a site, have a following and have met Alicia, more than most people get around to doing. :)

Guess the bottom line is, to make any kind of descent money with what you have, you'll have to get quite a bit more traffic, think we figured that out right? So you know what needs to be done, so up to you.

You don't have to be good at something to be able to sell it. I was just saying it helps if if it's something you like or are in to, then it will be more enjoyable, rather than seeming like a job.

Heck, I didn't know anything about what I was selling when I started, I just sold it. So don't think you have to be good at something to make it work. On a side note, your probably good at many things, you just don't realize it :)

Okay, lets make it easy. I usually tell people starting out to do affiliate marketing, it's how I started. Of course, it's just selling other people's products or services. You build a website or blog, on that site you have ads and you do your best to get people to click those links and go to the affiliate site. They visit the affiliate site and buy something, you make a commission. Easy Peasy.

The beauty of affiliate marketing is you only have one job, getting people to the offers, the affiliate program handles everything else. No dealing with customers, no problems. Best yet, you don't have to be there for customers, so you can work when you want really.

The best affiliate programs to push, in my opinion, are digital products. The reason is that they take little to produce, so there is more profit. More profit, means you'll see a bigger commission.

Places like amazon can't pay as much because they have the cost of the physical product itself, usually a big percentage of the price itself. Not to mention warehousing, their cut and a few other costs.

One of the best places to get started selling digital products is Clickbank.com, they have 1000's in so many different niches. From making money to health and many more. Go there, click on market place and check it out. It's free to join, just send people to the sales letter with your affiliate link and your work is done.

This might not be for you, I don't know, just what I and so many others often suggest to those wanting to create income online.

I don't do much affiliate marketing because I wanted the bigger deal. I wanted the customer to be my customer, not the affiliate programs customer. Often when you send your visitors to an affiliate program, you make the one time commission and your done. That customer might buy again, or buy something else from the affiliate site, which you probably won't get a commission. I wanted those repeat purchases :)

Now I pretty much sell my own products and enjoy customers returning to buy more. Just my thing right now.

Affiliate marketing is just one idea, there are many more. It's just a quick, easy and just about cost free way to get started.

Any help?
Ron Killian

Postby jbwood » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:54 pm

For what it's worth, my opinion is to go for the full time job. This allows you the ability to be able to afford the initial mistakes you are going to make as a new internet marketer.

If you go full time into IM then you can't afford those mistakes.
jbwood

Previous

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics