This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Google's Blog Search: Is Your Blog Listed?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Google's Blog Search: Is Your Blog Listed?

Postby David Jackson » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:49 am

Question: Is your blog listed in Google's Blog search?

What is Google's Blog Search?

Blog Search is a special Google search engine that indexes nothing but blogs. Whether you're looking for book reviews, entertainment, sports talk, recipes or anything else, Blog Search enables you to find information on literally any subject you can think of.

And the results you get back are fresh. The blog index is continually updated, which means you'll always get the most accurate and up-to-date search results.

And here's a handy feature. Not only can you search for blogs written in English, but also Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, French, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Japanese, Swedish, Malay, Polish, Thai, Indonesian, Tagalog, Turkish, Vietnamese and many other languages.

A really cool feature I like are the stories that are featured on the Blog Search home page. Blog Search uses a computer program to determine the most popular stories in the blogosphere.

What kind of blogs are included in Blog Search?

Blog Search lists every blog that publishes a site feed (either RSS or Atom).

How do I get my blog listed?

If your blog publishes a site feed in any format and automatically pings an updating service (such as Ping-O-Matic or Google Blog Search Pinging Service), Google should be able to find your blog and list it. To ensure your blog gets found, you should definitely set up automatic pinging. You can also submit your blog manually for inclusion here:

http://blogsearch.google.com/ping?hl=en

How can I find out if my blog is listed?

If your blog publishes a site feed in any format, chances are it's listed. But if you want to know for sure, visit Blog Search and search for your blog at:

http://blogsearch.google.com

David Jackson
David Jackson

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics