This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Internet Scams and the Realm of Gullibility

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Internet Scams and the Realm of Gullibility

Postby David Jackson » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Here's an important article I wrote that I think all newbies should read.

Hopefully, it'll prevent you from becoming a scam victim.

http://www.free-marketing-tips-blog.com ... _4556.html

David Jackson
David Jackson

Postby Ron Killian » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Have been scams before the net, will be after. To me it's often people's greed, even if it's too good to be true.
Ron Killian

Is Easy Profit Cash a scam?

Postby kristina » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:48 am

I am interested to know what you think about www.easyprofitcash.com, you pay $10 per month and can earn $3,000 per month by sponsoring people in. The product they give you each month is marketing ebooks, ect What do you think? Is it a scam?

Kristina
kristina
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:55 pm

It's MLM and so I personally would be leery of it. Most times there projections never happen because you can never recruit enough to get the amount listed. While not a scam, you can probably make better use of your time and money.

I realize for those posed to swoop in and defend MLM that it's different strokes for different folks and if it works for you so be it.

If you can still edit your post you need to remove the comma after .com as it otherwise displays a error message and doesn't go to the site.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Kristina,
I'm not familiar with the site but without looking it just doesn't sound right. What is it that you're interested in doing? We can help you brainstorm legit and fun ways to make money online.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:15 pm

David: very good article! Personally, I think one reason why folks fall for these scams is well really multi-facted, not one part.

1. Laziness. They want someone to have done all the work for them, to hand them a magic formula to success and save them all the work.

2. Fear. They are afraid of failure, so they buy any and every 'system' out there, thinking that's going to save them from failing.

3. Lack of research & knowledge. Everyone wants to be an instant 'guru' or 'expert' and no one seems to want to take the time to actually learn about the industry or business they're in. One needs to take the time to educate themselves in their field, spend time DOING the work. If you want to be an affiliate marketer, read Lynn's blog & this forum to learn about it; then go out and do what it says. Rinse. Repeat.

I would be very leary of http://www.easyprofitcash.com/ this one. It's a true MLM, in that while they do have a product - which are the ebooks, etc... (which keeps it from being illegal) they really aren't promoting that and they even say:

Now, I know you are wondering what the product is - it's a monthly marketing package, which will include fresh and new ebooks packed full of great online marketing information and materials. The REAL VALUE though, is this program itself!

Notice that last sentence, that's what their focus is on, not on providing quality content, helpful tools or materials, because taking money from everyone and filtering that IS their main product.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby chriscobb » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Kristina,

Personally, I would be leary of subscription sites unless you have confirmation that the people running them are well respected and continually add value for their members.

And when you market a third party service or product to someone it reflects on you as well. I ask myself "If my best friend was in need of a product or service would I recommend they buy what I'm trying to get strangers to buy."

My 2 cents ;)
chriscobb
Elite Member

Re: Is Easy Profit Cash a scam?

Postby David Jackson » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:27 pm

kristina wrote:I am interested to know what you think about www.easyprofitcash.com, you pay $10 per month and can earn $3,000 per month by sponsoring people in. The product they give you each month is marketing ebooks, ect What do you think? Is it a scam?

Kristina, my advice to you would be to walk away from this program as fast as you can. In my opinion, it is not a legitimate program.

David Jackson
David Jackson

Postby David Jackson » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:29 pm

tknoppe wrote:David: very good article!

Thank you!

David Jackson
David Jackson

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:37 pm

kristina wrote:I am interested to know what you think about www.easyprofitcash.com, you pay $10 per month and can earn $3,000 per month by sponsoring people in. The product they give you each month is marketing ebooks, ect What do you think? Is it a scam?

Kristina

It definitely looks and sounds like something to skip over. Everyone has given good advice to keep on moving on past this one.

David, great article. It makes me sad to see so many new scams popping up all over the net, and I'm amazed that some of the same old scams that were around when I first started working from home are still out there! and people are still signing up for them! Crazy :(
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby David Jackson » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:49 pm

terrapin719 wrote: David, great article.

Thanks, Loretta!

David Jackson
David Jackson

Postby nhynes57 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:20 am

I would definately avoid this type of program as very few make any money with this type of mlm. I have seen many people try this and get scammed and then believe internet marketing does not work and give up.
nhynes57

Postby Kathymcbain » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:44 am

Umm yeah, I'd run from this. You basically would make your money off of the other $10 a month that you get other people to pay. Anything that requires you to pay anything to sign up or any monthly fee at all makes me very concerned.
Kathymcbain

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics