[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is Pay-Per-Click Advertising Killing You? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is Pay-Per-Click Advertising Killing You?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Is Pay-Per-Click Advertising Killing You?

Postby David Jackson » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:47 am

Over the last few years pay-per-click advertising has gotten increasingly more competitive and much more expensive.

The days of paying 10 cents for a prime keyword are long gone.

Nowadays, ppc requires a substantial investment. And if you don't know what you're doing you can lose a ton of money.

In that regard, before you enter the ppc arena, I suggest you take time to study the ppc market and learn how to make it work to your advantage with Perry Marshall's "Definitive Guide to Google Adwords."

http://www.perrymarshall.com/adwords/

If you're serious about ppc advertising, I consider it a worthwhile investment.

And just for the record, I don't make a dime if you purchase the book. This is just another fundamental marketing tip.

David Jackson
David Jackson

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:36 am

I was using Google Adwords but in the last year stopped my campaigns. Since the market I advertise in is quite expensive, I will probably put it on hold until I find another niche that is not so competitive.
MommyEnterprises

Postby David Jackson » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:37 pm

David Jackson

Postby Ron Killian » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:57 am

I agree it has gotten so expensive. I've only dabbled in it, seems to be very time consuming as well. Many say customers either cost you time or money, seems with PPC, it's both. Course what do I know..:)
Ron Killian

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:41 pm

I've been a long-time fan of Perry's book and recently purchased SpeedPPC. Jeremy Palmer also does some good teaching on PPC, covering all 3 of the major players.

Once the new year hits, I'm going all out on my campaigns.

Regards,

Tony Thomas
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Kurt Henninger » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:36 pm

PPC can be quite expensive, and depending on your niche, people often have to go negative on the initial sale in order to acquire a customer.

A great way to overcome this is to not only refer people to a sales page, but to get their email and name and use an autoresponder to continually market to them.

In this way, you can eventually get back your $$ from the initial PPC investment.
Kurt Henninger

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics