[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What Am I Doing Wrong? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Should I give up and go work in McDonalds??

Ill have a Big Mac please.....
No votes
Its Not That Bad, Yet;).........
100%

Total votes : 5

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Postby elliot » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi all,

Can you tell me what im doing wrong?, this is my approach to internet marketing...

1) Research A Niche Market

I use Market Samaria, google insights, google keyword tools to find a niche with good numbers..

2) Select Good Keyword

Get the keyword for those numbers above, and usually buy the domain name with that keyword in it.

3) Find Affiliate Products

Ive tried CJ, Clickbank, Amazon, PayDotCom and others for products.

4) Start Blog For The Keyword

Optimize the content for the keywords and begin to write posts about that subject.

5) Include Products Relative To That Niche

Include the affiliate products on that blog page, and also do reviews about certain products too.

6) Keep Blog Updated

Get as much good content on that blog for the readers, and keep it updated at least 3 times a week.

7) Sell Nothing And Cry Like A Baby

Ive done the above list 8 times, and nothing, I am the worst internet marketer on the planet!!.

Any hints or tips would be great, am I just missing a huge step, or am I really that bad? :oops: [/list]
elliot
Elite Member

Postby Al Smith » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby elliot » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:50 am

elliot
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Don't get frustrated yet! It is all a learning process that does not happen overnight! It took me quite a while to generate a decent online income!
MommyEnterprises

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:27 am

Hi Elliot,

If you post the link to the site you're having problems with, maybe we can spot some things you can change that might improve your conversion rate.

Bonnie
Bonnie Lowe

Postby elliot » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:16 pm

I hate to say this but I have about 9 blogs up and running, and none of them are really doing too well, my main blog is my internet marketing blog at .

The others are based around various niche markets I found, one of which came right out of The Thirty Day Challenge here , this was one of the first blogs I did to follow along with.

Thanks for your help!, again any advice would be a great help to me :D :roll:
elliot
Elite Member

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Well, I see one BIG problem with your guitar blog... I can't read it! :roll:

The format is all messed up for some reason. Parts of all the posts are in the black column on the left (black text on a very dark background is very hard to read :wink: ).

I'm using IE 7, by the way. If others are seeing it like I am, they'd click off right away.

Your FlopIdle blog is in a very competitive niche, probably the most competitive of all (Internet Marketing). And you didn't zero in on its purpose until recently. It will be very difficult to make money in that niche, so if that's your intent, you may be disappointed. If you want to keep doing the blog just because it's a topic you're passionate about, that's cool.

One suggestion I have would be to do your product reviews differently than everyone else: only review them after you've put their strategies into action, then report your results. Everyone raves about the great tips and information, and "I'm sure you'll get a lot out of this ebook!" But very few people actually say they've USED the strategies and gotten positive results... then prove it. That's a LOT harder to do, but may help you compete in that niche.

Oh, and don't only give rave reviews. If a product is crap, say so. As a matter of fact, you might want to intentionally review some crappy products just to build your credibility. There are plenty to choose from. :D
Bonnie Lowe

Postby robert adams » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:37 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics