[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I Need Guidance! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I Need Guidance!

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

I Need Guidance!

Postby denig53 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:59 pm

denig53

Postby calgreg » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 pm

How about a WordPress blog?
calgreg

Postby robert adams » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:04 pm

there are some free hosting plans out there that are not too bad for just starting out.

you need one that offers you ftp access and databases and preferably email.

google is your friend.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby wade_watson » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:37 pm

Freewebs.com is a totally free site that puts a banner across the top of the page, but they offer a checkout option for commerce. The also give you 40MB of space. The sites are super easy to set up, with template pages. I've had a Freewebs site for over a year that ranks well and gets about 7K uniques a month.

The best thing, of course, is to spend a little and get a domain for under $10 (Lynn likes Godaddy, I believe) and sign with a host that will start you for a low monthly rate. I've always paid by the year to get the best rate (Dreamhost is under $100 w/ easy-to-find coupon codes). Lynn prefers HostGater, which offers a low monthly payment. She has a discount code on her blog someplace, I think (do a search).
BTW, I've found Dreamhost's support weak and they seem to have a knack for screwing up requests and credit card payments, but their bang for the buck can't be beat.

If you go that route, you'll need to come up with your own page programming, of course. I don't know of any low-cost WordPress- like manager for online stores, but I suspect there is something like that around.

--Wade

wade_watson

Postby emarketer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:53 am

emarketer
Elite Member

Postby westfloridacomponents » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:50 pm

westfloridacomponents

Postby mellymom3 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:20 am

Yes, I like freewebs.com very much. I have even written a lesson tutorial on how to set up a site and get selling. If you would be interested in a free copy, just PM me and I will send you one.
It is not so hard to sell on a blog as well. If you are just looking for a one to three page site simply advertising one product for now, I think freewebs is probably the best way to start. Get your own subdomain, get setup and ready for traffic in like 30 mins to an hour and then when you can go buy a $7 domain name and point it to the freewebs account for a more professional look.
You may want to play around and see what seup you like better. There is nothing stopping you from having both either!

take care and good luck. You will figure it out and be started in no time.
mellymom3

Postby dagmar » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 pm

dagmar

Re: I Need Guidance!

Postby David Jackson » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:30 am

David Jackson

Online tool?

Postby createyourdream » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:13 am

Who could this online tool help? How could you partner with others who may be able to help you distribute it to your market?

Have you read Lynn's Fast Cash Strategy? You may be able to use some of the ideas in that report to get an intro to your own product out there by connecting with others first. Or using Integration Marketing - offering your product as an upsell or crossell to someone else's, (kind of like Bill Gates did with Windows on IBM computers... He didn't have money when he had that idea.)

It was the idea that brought the money, not the other way around. Use your ideas and the money will come!

Now, if I could put this same idea for work in my situation, :oops:. Thanks for getting my mind moving in this direction.

Best for now,
Mary
createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby semmyw » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am

semmyw

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics