[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Monetizing a Blog or Site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Monetizing a Blog or Site

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Monetizing a Blog or Site

Postby drmommy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:39 am

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping to learn a great deal here :D

My goal is to monetize my blogs. I've been told to add google ads to my sites which I have but have not seen much income from that at if any.

I use links to Amazon, but have never seen and $$ from that either.

Can someone give me suggestions on how I can monetize my sites.

I get a great deal of traffic and was recently added to the Alltop site.

I have a Mommy Blog where I offer tips, recipes, and ideas and I have a Health Blog where I offer health and nutrition tips.

I am hoping to brainstorm and get to work on these sites. I appreciate all your help :)
drmommy

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:38 am

Hi Dr. Daisy,

You're in luck! I think we already talked about this on Twitter (if memory serves me correctly?) but I am starting a new 4-week series this week and running for 4 Friday's on how to monetize "mommy blogs" or personal blogs. It all started here:

http://www.clicknewz.com/1733/mommy-blogger/

... and you can get the login details from the last comment there.

I would definitely recommend Affiliate Marketing as a means of monetizing your blog. A good starting point is this Q&A at ClickNewz:

Also download Jeremy Palmer's free Affiliate Marketing guide from http://www.quityourdayjob.com/learning
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:19 pm

I don't really like AdSense for my blogs. It just doesn't work out as well as it does on an article site, for example.

Have you applied to things like BlogHer Ads? I had good success with those and Text Link Ads for monetization on my blogs. They don't take up a lot of space and they have some decent payouts.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics