[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How do you come up with ideas for ebooks? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How do you come up with ideas for ebooks?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How do you come up with ideas for ebooks?

Postby deannatroupe » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:50 am

I am trying to come up with an ebook that I can sell for between $5 to $7. I am not really sure what topic to write about. I'm thinking about writing about blogging or online networking. I don't really know how to get started. I do know that I want the ebooks to upsell to something a little more expensive. I'd appreciate any tips I could get on this.
deannatroupe

Postby karynsolo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:15 am

Deanna,

Just go with your heart, what are you passionate about? how could you light a fire under a reader to join you in your passion?

I have found that when I set out to write an e book the things that I am most passionate about make the job so much easier .

You offer Virtual Assisting, how about an ebook geared towards the people who can most benefit from services such as yours. Set out to educate them on the values of the service and get them fired up to sign up.
karynsolo

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:27 pm

The best thing is to write about something you know about or have knowledge about. I recently wrote a report about how to make money blogging. Since I have been doing it a few years, I thought I would teach others how to also.
MommyEnterprises

Postby alexc » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:05 am

alexc

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:09 am

Hi DeAnna,

I would highly recommend you grab Jon Leger's report titled Write That Report. It was a major turning point for me. Very step-by-step in choosing a topic and getting it on the market (and making money with it). I have a write-up on it here:

http://www.clicknewz.com/577/writing-reports/

Also, keyword research can really help you generate ideas. See:

:arrow:
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby deannatroupe » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:52 pm

Karyn,
That's a great idea. I think I could write a short report on social networking and work in ways that an entrepreneur could outsource the tasks... Hmmm.
deannatroupe

Postby JonathanB » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:24 am

Hi,

I totally agree with the comments above. I would also search Google for forums and communities in the social networking niche and look for same problems and questions that keep coming up repeatedly.

I have to confess I yet have to write an ebook of my own but am planning on it in the not too distant future :D
JonathanB

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:21 am

Another way of finding hot topics is to use Google Trends.

It'll keep you abreast of what people are interested in.

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics