[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The First Thing You Need • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The First Thing You Need

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

The First Thing You Need

Postby iyazam » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:08 am

If someone comes to me and asks me : "Tell me Hillel, what is the first thing I need in order to start a web based business"?

I always tell people - "you need to get your head in the right place".

What does that mean? This means that you first need to be thinking like an entrepreneur. It sounds very easy, but its actually the hardest aspect in building a web based business or any business. This is why many businesses fail within the first year... people have all the tactics and strategies on how to do things... but their head was in the wrong place!

So how do you get your head in the right place? The best advice I can give is - To connect with a business guru. Connect with someone who can show you the way, Connect with a successful online entrepreneur. You need someone to tell you "this is how you should think". This is truly an amazing thing!

As you are launching your web based business - remember the first rule to get your head in the right place!
iyazam

Postby karynsolo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:24 am

I agree 100% if you are not thinking like an entrepreneur, how can you expect to focus on your goals and reach your full potential? You really do have to have your head in the right place.

I am learning this more and more each day from of all people my son. 19 years old and he makes a nice living on the internet, so instead of sitting around jealous or wishing I could do that too, I started watching, listening, learning and asking questions. I am now well on my way to achieving my goals thanks to finding the determination to go farther.
karynsolo

Postby iyazam » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:29 am

I heard yesteday a great line by Jim Rohn , he says something like: "Its not about building your business, its about building yourself, build yourself and your business will grow"
iyazam

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:38 am

I always tell people to find something they have a passion for. That would be my first thing for them to have. A product or service they will love to promote, use, sell, etc.
MommyEnterprises

Postby cherie27 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:00 am

I agree with all of you.

I am glad that i have a mentor to guide along.
cherie27

Postby chastill » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:05 am

Its about building relationships with people. Its not about get em the deal. Its about relationships.
chastill

Learning the Basics

Postby James Clark » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:53 pm

Well, if the truth be known. The real thought process is to stop thinking like a wage earner. Most people I know who start an online business come from the work force.

If you think like a wager earner,yes,but a business owner is a different concepts. When I started my online business, I was emotionally attached to a job.

So, as soon a something goes wrong, and it will, you may start thinking, you wish you had the security of a regular paycheck.

Jimmy.
James Clark

Re: The First Thing You Need

Postby RyanSPrice » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:32 pm

You are SO right!

I struggled for over two years to start my business until I connected with my mentor, Alex Jeffreys.

I think I have accomplished more with my mentor than I ever did on my own, and his first words - "Get your head in the right place and do your Planning"

Nothing will work (or at least as well as it should) until you have that in place first.

Nice post,
RyanSPrice

Postby lisaw » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:25 am

James is SO right - stop thinking like an employee and start thinking like a business owner. It's a definite mental shift - but a critical one. :)
lisaw
Elite Member

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics