[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Video Software • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Video Software

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Video Software

Postby PhilippKnoll » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi!

This time I need to post a question. What video editing software (appart form movie maker and studio) are you using and why would you recommend it?

Looking to find good alternatives. Do you have any suggestions?

Your help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Philipp
PhilippKnoll

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:34 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby alexc » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:41 pm

This question really depends on what you are trying to do and what your budget allows and how you intend to deliver the final project. For a reasonable (albeit expensive) editing suite look into Adobe Premiere. When the price tag on that scares you away look at Adobe Premiere Elements, which will do all the basic editing most folks need. This editing is good enough for web streaming, and as long as the source is good, probably good enough for broadcast.

If you want something truly spectacular for video editin, I have always like Avid, but you are looking at pro level software there.

If you use a Mac, the only option is Final Cut Pro. There are others of course, but don't even bother with them.
alexc

Postby PhilippKnoll » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:18 am

Thanks alexc!

I will take a look at these products. Currently I am using Pinacle Studio 9 for my editing. I works fine but for some reason I'm just not really comfortable with it. Still haven't figured out why, though.

Thanks for your referals.
Philipp
PhilippKnoll

Postby alexc » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Pinnacle is actually owned by Avid, although from what I have seen of the two different product lines they have very little in common. I have used a Pinnacle titling system for a news broadcast, but that was before Avid bought them and they were still producing pro software. I think the high level stuff is all Avid now, and Pinnacle is for the consumer level.
alexc

@ alexc

Postby PhilippKnoll » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks again. Appreciate the info.

I will probably stay with pinacle for my next projects and test some other software after that.

My first project is only a private video clip of my son in a hospital. He was our little hero, smiling all the time. I will let you know once I have part of it on youtube if you like.

Best wishes,
Philipp
PhilippKnoll

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:32 pm

Oregon Coast Guy

Postby tg » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:04 am

Aside from WMM I use Camtasia (but it's rather pricey). It has some good functions like being able to redirect to any URL after the video finishes.

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics