[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - DO You or DON'T You? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

DO You or DON'T You?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

DO You or DON'T You?

Postby Dale King » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:07 am

The #1 mistake that people make in business that absolutely, positively leads to failure is that they lie to themselves. They pretend to want success, but they really don't - at least not bad enough. They're lying to themselves. I've been an astute observer of people for many, many years. And basically, you have two types of people. Those that DO and those that DON'T.

Those that DO are usually focused, committed, disciplined, motivated and determined individuals who may not always do things perfect, and may make mistakes along the way. But invariably, they keep plugging along, until they figure it out - until they achieve success. They seem to find a way to make it happen, regardless of the odds or the circumstances.

Those that DON'T are undisciplined, unfocused, unmotivated individuals who are easily distracted. Oh, they'll make make a half-hearted effort at success, but to them, it's much more fun to play online all day, or hangout with their friends. Achieving success is too much work for these individuals. So they make excuses for why they aren't succeeding. No money, no experience, too young, too old, the economy sucks, etc., etc., etc. Year after year they continue to do the same things that losers do. And year after year they end up in the same exact place - going nowhere.

The question is, which group do you belong to? If you're a DOER, congratulations! I salute you. Keep up the good work! On the other hand, if you're in the other group, it's not too late to change things - to turn things around. It's not too late to start doing things the right way - to start working doggedly toward your dreams.

Success is still very much within your grasp. But it's not going to come to you. You have to go and get it.

It's all up to you!

Dale King
Last edited by Dale King on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dale King

Re: DO You or DON'T You?

Postby Jenn_Givler » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:27 am

Jenn_Givler
Elite Member

Re: DO You or DON'T You?

Postby Dale King » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:43 am

Dale King

Postby Al Smith » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby Jenn_Givler » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:51 am

Jenn_Givler
Elite Member

Postby Dale King » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:58 am

Dale King

That's a lot of back slapping guys

Postby dotcomsecretsuk » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:20 pm

I like it too.

Wish I had more time to get involved in his more. I also believe what Dales been saying but is all this high fiving good for productivity.
dotcomsecretsuk

I made a change

Postby PhilippKnoll » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:22 am

Dale, I love this article. It is right to the point.

I consider myself a DOER. Even DOERS get distracted from time to time. That is ok, though. A real DOER notices this distraction and is not to lazy to get started again.

@ Dale - check out my article on - you are in it! Hope you like it :wink:

Greetings,
Philipp
PhilippKnoll

Re: I made a change

Postby Dale King » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Dale King

Postby alexc » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:08 am

alexc

Postby Dale King » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:14 am

Dale King

Postby tess47 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:44 pm

tess47

Postby Dale King » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:38 am

Dale King

Postby Dustie » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:44 am

Hi Dale

You write such good posts - they are a pleasure to read and learn from.

I am definitely a DOER and I learnt early on that I would need to work really hard and make sacrifices - no more TV, early to rise, late to bed - I did this for a couple of years (my friends and family thought I was nuts) and that is what has contributed to me being able to quit the corporate world and now work full time at home online.

Dale, you are so right when you say - Success is not going to come to you. You have to go and get it.

Cheers for now
Dustie
Dustie

Postby Dale King » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Dale King

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics