[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - been awhile • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

been awhile

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

been awhile

Postby wordmuse » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:38 am

Hi,

It's been a long time since I've been around. Don't know if anyone remembers me, but if not, you get to find out anew. :) Hopefully, it'll be good for all.

I just joined the Private Brainstorming Group, and am very much looking forward to discussing some big plans that I have.

So I'm going to kick off my new participation here with a question:

If/when you publicly (or semi-publicly) announce a goal and miss it (this will be happening to me at 12 midnight PST tonight), how do you deal with it. I don't mean so much emotionally, though there certainly is that component.

But what do you do by way of analyzing where thing went wrong, how you might have done better?

Another related question: How do you pick *reachable* targets? How do you know they really are reachable?

I have a story to tell at some point. The first chapter played out tonight. I didn't reach my goal. But I learned a lot and gained a new friend who I might be able to partner with on future projects. So it's been a thrilling ride.

Sometime soon, I'll tell you about it.

Regards,
Bal
wordmuse
Elite Member

Postby Al Smith » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Al Smith
Elite Member

Some details

Postby wordmuse » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi Al,

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.

About 45 days ago (April 15th, tax day here in the States), and in another forum, I set a goal to go from zero (no list, no product, no website, no jv conacts) to $1000 by the end of May (yesterday).

Overall the project was a PERSONAL success. I ended up creating a product. By all accounts, including opinions from people with no need to spare my feelings, it's a good ebook about marriage.

You can find it by going googling: fight less enjoy marriage
When I just did it, my site is in the first position.

I did pretty much everything I needed to get this going, except, I clocked in at the end of the period with $125 and not $1000.

So I'm absolutely thrilled by all that I did accomplish (I even ran my first WSO, which is where I made the $125), so please understand that I'm not beating myself up over this.

But if my house were at stake (and thankfully it isn't), I'd have lost the house.

So as a business venture, it didn't work out so well.

It's that "didn't work out so well," that I'm asking about here.

How good you do depends on the goal you have. So one of the first questions I'm now asking myself, and would love others' opinions about is this: how do you pick your goals, your targets? And how do you know that you've picked reasonable targets?

Thanks.

Regards,
Bal
wordmuse
Elite Member

Postby Al Smith » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Al Smith
Elite Member

short reply

Postby wordmuse » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi,

I'll have more to say later this evening in response
to your excellent point.

I think I said it poorly...

The results speak for me more than I can speak for me.

I didn't do everything I needed to do. I did everything
I could do in the time frame given the resources and
knowledge I had at the time. These are very different
things, yes?

But over this period, my resources have improved
and so, too, has my knowledge.

Now the trick is to pick another worthy goal and to
do my darndest to hit it.

That's part of why I just joined the private Brainstorming
group here.

Regards,
Bal
wordmuse
Elite Member

Postby Al Smith » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:50 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanks Lynn,

Postby wordmuse » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:30 pm

Just a quick FYI that I'll check in later on this evening or tomorrow morning.

I'm looking forward to this as well.

Thanks.

Regards,
Bal
wordmuse
Elite Member

No apology needed... :)

Postby wordmuse » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:51 am

wordmuse
Elite Member

Re: short reply

Postby WAHumor » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:04 am