[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Selling a website info needed • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Selling a website info needed

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Selling a website info needed

Postby mellymom3 » Mon May 12, 2008 4:42 pm

I didn't know what thread to post this in so that is why I chose to do it here. I have some questions I hope someone can answer.

I have a wordpress site that I would like to sell. It is only 4 months old(well this is the 5 month). I have not really actively promoted it aside from a few articles in the directories, so as for traffic, it is pretty lousy. Only about 25-30 visitors a day. There are some resell rights ebooks on the site that would be part of the sale. I have only sold 2 ebooks from the site but as I said, I have not done much with this advertising/marketing.
I have posted a nice chunk of content on it(as it is blog format). It is adsense ready, has other affiliate html codes that could be replaced for the new owner.
I am just wondering if I should sell it, if anyone would even be interested in it. If I should change some things to it to make it more appealing, and then finally how much it would maybe sell for. I did that "how much is your blog worth?" tool and it said it is worth $2,882. But I am assuming that is obviously not a real time figure to sell it for.

Any help would be appreciated. If you would like to review the site, it is http://ebooks4families.biz. Some of you may have even visited it before since it was one of the first sites in my signature when I started posting on here.

Please be kind as well as honest. It was one of the first sites I ever made myself and I know it is far from professional/top notch, but would like to think the content and products are worth something. :roll:

thanks!
mellymom3

Postby lindastacy » Wed May 14, 2008 2:38 pm

A rule of thumb that is often applied to website value is to figure the average monthly revenue over the past several months and multiply that by 12. So if your income from the site for Jan through April of this year was $300 you could ask about $900 for the site. ($300/4=$75; $75x12=$900

You can adjust up or down depending on other assets like how much is original content, a great domain name, page rank, number of subscribers, and number of visitors. But the bottom line for most buyers is not potential income, but actual income.
lindastacy

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi Melanie,

This one might be tough to sell. Looking through it, I noticed not all of the content is unique/original. Do you have an idea about what percentage of the content was written by you - or is unique & original?

The main problem that I see with it is that the theming (or focus) is off. What I mean is that you have "ebooks" and ".biz" in the domain name - but the content is geared towards families in general.

It may be tough to sell as the content might be considered "duplicate" - especially because a buyer might want to put the (original) family content on a more family oriented domain name.

The domain name alone may be hard to sell too. Your target market (parents?) dont want to "buy ebooks". They want to find solutions (which you sell in ebook format). The concern being that the domain name may be a turnoff for your target market, bringing a low CTR in the SERPs (a low click through rate in the search engine results pages).

Just some open observations...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby mellymom3 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:25 pm

mellymom3

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics