[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Puzzled by google ranking of my site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Puzzled by google ranking of my site

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Puzzled by google ranking of my site

Postby Richard Norman » Fri May 02, 2008 1:46 am

Hello

I was checking the placement on google of our website.

I chose the No1 keywords for the niche I try to serve and I was surprised to see we were at the bottom of the first page of google...so far so good.

I checked the key words in Keywords Analyzer and saw that there were 27,000 searches for those keywords. I am new to Keywords Analyzer and I am not sure if the number of searches was a daily or weekly or monthly number.

Anyway getting to the point.

I would have expected a good number of visitors, but my site remains full of interest but free of visitors.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this.

Thank you.

Richard
Richard Norman

Postby tess47 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:36 pm

That is a little strange - are you saying you don't have many visitors? This doesn't make much sense to me if you are on page 1 of Google, and there are 27,000 searches for your keywords.

Anyone have any ideas on this?
tess47

Thank you tess47

Postby Richard Norman » Sat May 10, 2008 12:50 am

Thank you for your reply Tess47

Yes I have just checked it again.

Key words analyzer says there are 27,000 searches for the keyword "book binding"

We are at the bottom of page one on Google this morning.

Looking at Google analytics I see the site in question has been getting an average of 50 visitors a day, most of them unique.

I am a novice so I do not know what sort of traffic to expect, but I would have thought I should have got more traffic.

Thank you

Richard
Richard Norman

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 14, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi Richard,

Are you referring to the eden workshops website? I am not seeing it in the top 10 this evening on my end.

One thing to note is that Keywords Analyzer gets its results from Overture, which is now defunct. Wordtracker says there are approximately 226 searches a day for the phrase "book binding":

http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/?se ... _offensive

The top 3 results share about 50% of the click-thru's. So in this case, that would presumably leave you with around 100 or so clicks for the rest of the results to share. Just a base guesstimate.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Richard Norman » Thu May 15, 2008 2:25 am

Richard Norman

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu May 15, 2008 8:05 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:28 am

tam2005

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics