[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Help convert swf to mpeg or avi • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Help convert swf to mpeg or avi

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Help convert swf to mpeg or avi

Postby shri » Thu May 01, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a software to convert swf file to mpeg or avi file format.

I tried a couple of programs n they didn't work.

This is the error message i'm seeing:

Error # 1
----------
Date & Time: 5/2/2008 / 3:34:01 AM
ExitCode: 1

: could not find codec parameters

Any software recommendations will be greatly appreciated
shri

Postby Rita012 » Sat May 03, 2008 9:10 am

Rita012
Elite Member

Hello!

Postby Jason Freeman » Tue May 06, 2008 2:46 pm

Use AVS Video Converter. Found here at their site below. Its worked well most of the time for me...I have had some problems once in a while before but for the most part it works well most of the time. it supports avi,dvd(vob),mp4,3gp,mpeg,quick time mov,wmv,rm,swf. download the evaluation and try it ....buy it to remove the banner it puts in the middle of the video for $40. I bought it.
Hope this helps!

John Freeman
Jason Freeman

Postby Bina Omar » Mon May 12, 2008 8:33 am

Hi Shri,

I've tried many different softwares to try and get this done but wasn't happy with the results.

In the end, what I did was got a copy of Camtasia and recorded the swf as it was playing. That way, I can further add narration and background music using Camtasia.

TechSmith was offering Camtasia for free before. I'm not sure if the offer is still available.

~ Bina.
Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby pandora » Wed May 14, 2008 8:48 am

pandora

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 14, 2008 6:59 pm

A lot of good suggestions here to check out. I use Camtasia too - you can download a 30-day trial at their website. You can create or open the file in Camtasia, then "produce the video" in a variety of formats - including the ones you mentioned.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics