[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Why am I number 1 on Google?? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Why am I number 1 on Google??

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Home sweet home

Postby Richard Norman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:05 am

I don't mind the Home page not including the word home.

I was just thinking of visitors who might prefer the idea of the home page being called Home.

I shall mull this over.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Richard
Richard Norman

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:46 pm

Yes, you're making sense - and good eye! The title bar is very valuable real estate and you want to use it wisely. You can increase your click through's from the search engine results just by writing a nice title and description for each of your web pages.

Look again at the example for a search result in that article:
http://www.clicknewz.com/513/call-to-action/

Your page title needs to contain the keyword phrase, but also be enticing to potential visitors - encouraging them to click to visit your site. Use your keyword phrase as close to the beginning of your title as you can, but the goal is to attract human visitors ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Must be a way of doing this?

Postby Richard Norman » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:43 am

Hello again.

I hope you don't mind my questions.

It's about the title bar in Google.

I was using the search term "gold leaf" and the google spider picked up the search term from my index page.

But how am I going to change the word "home" in the title bar unless I change the name of the home page?

Talk about pushing back the envelope, I refuse to believe I am to old to learn this :)

Richard

P.S. Earlier in this thread I asked if the "call to action" would be placed at the end of the page. I noticed when reading Lyn's call to action page, she finished the page with the call to action in bold and accompanied by a banner, a very strong call to action.
Richard Norman

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:59 am

Of course not, that's what we're here for :D

What are you using to create your web pages? I'm not understanding your question about changing the name of the page... but it would help to know what software you're using. You can usually edit the Title Bars independently.

As for the call-to-action, yes the end of the page is usually ideal for the visitors that read your page to the end - they need a "here's what to do next" link. But I'll often put a link or image above the fold as well, meaning before a visitor has to scroll down on my page, in case they are quick lookers and ready to click... You may have to test that and see what works best on your site.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Learning » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:48 am

Hey there!
Lynn has already offered you some great advice.
I found a free ebook on the internet that has helped me tremedously learning how to do many things and understandning seo strategies while building the sites.
It's called Creating Fat Affiliate Sites.
Heres a link to it:

I really hope this ebook helps you as muh as it helped me.
All the best, :D
Eren
Learning
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics