[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Why am I number 1 on Google?? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Why am I number 1 on Google??

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Why am I number 1 on Google??

Postby Richard Norman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:34 am

Richard Norman

Re: Why am I number 1 on Google??

Postby Paul Bergman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:38 am

Paul Bergman

Postby Richard Norman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:51 am

Sorry I put this reply in the wrong place.

Thank you for your reply.

I will take on board what you said about the site being about gold and not gilding.

I wasn't sure how the mod felt about advertising, the software I am using is xsite pro.

I shall check google analytics right away.

Thank you

Richard
Richard Norman

Postby Lamorenalotiene » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:22 pm

good info
Lamorenalotiene

But why did this happen?

Postby Richard Norman » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:06 am

Thank you for your input, but it does not answer my question, which was why did my site get this ranking.

Someone told me they thought the ranking was because mine was a new site, but that did not really give me the answer.

Cam someone therefore suggest why I got this ranking?

Thank you

Richard
Richard Norman

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:28 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thank you Lyn

Postby Richard Norman » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:15 pm

Richard Norman

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:42 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:46 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thank you Lyn

Postby Richard Norman » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:13 am

Thank you Lyn

So if their are no searches for that phrase it makes my position on google for it meaningless doesn't it?

It does surprise me that there were no searches whatsoever for this search phrase.

What is the significance when you say "without quotes".

I am working on the "call to action" idea right now.

Is this something I should incorporate right through the site? Or on specific pages which I judge to warrant it?

And are we talking bold text or a compelling banner of some kind?

Thank you for the link to Dan Thies guide. I think I am suffering from information overload in some respects, but you recommend it so I shall look at it.

Richard
Richard Norman

Back to the beginning it seems.

Postby Richard Norman » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:33 am

Having downloaded Dan thies book I have decided to start from scratch and follow the book.

Being self taught I have picked up a large amount of information, some of it useful and accurate and much of it not.

So now I know the reason we were number 1 on Google :)

Richard
Richard Norman

Re: Thank you Lyn

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:56 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Again thank you Lyn

Postby Richard Norman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:27 am

Again thank you Lyn

I think I have my work cut out for a while.

I am working on the call to action idea and have started reading Dans book.

Regarding the call to action.

I read your article on the subject and note that your call to action was a statement in bold and a banner at the end of the page.

Is this the best place to put it in your opinion, I guess it could occur anywhere on the page, but somehow at the end does seem right.

Richard
Richard Norman

Well this position seems genuine

Postby Richard Norman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:02 am

Hello Lyn

I fed in a new search term, "Gold Leaf" the number one key word in word tracker in fact

Our site came up on page 7 which can't be all bad, he said looking for a ray of light :)

But something that bothers me is the first line of the Google entry.

It reads Gold Leaf - Home

I think I could do better than this for a page title, but the "Home" in the title refers to my home page, how could I change that without letting go of the word Home for the home page.

Am I making sense?

Richard
Richard Norman

Postby robert adams » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:26 am

why do you want the title of the page to include the word home?

if you do , just include it in a long phrase with keywords that describes the content on your "home" page.

HOme of the greatest collection of whatever, whatever, etc, etc.
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Next

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics