[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - With a limited budget where do I go from here? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

With a limited budget where do I go from here?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

With a limited budget where do I go from here?

Postby Richard Norman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:37 am

Hello

In the past two years I have been building a website, together with a range of products at www.gold-vault.com

It seems to me that new methods, new "secret" ways of making money are arriving all the time, some of them may work but the point is to stay in touch with all these new methods means doing just that and taking up so much time learning these new methods.

I am on a shoestring budget and I realise that is a disadvantage.

What can I do that does not take money to market my new site.

I have a growing news letter of a hundred people, I know thats small, but I am adding people all the time, I make contacts through the sales I make on eBay.

I can write articles, I am knowledgeable about my subject.

I have been spending a lot of time on back links but the reply rate has been very poor.

Can anyone think of anything else I could do?

I have a little knowledge of SEO and I come up in Google for some search terms, but really I have trusted to what I was told to do when using the software Xsite Pro which I happen to like very much.

Very much appreciate your feedback.

Regards

Richard Norman
Richard Norman

Postby Marc Meole » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:02 am

Honestly I hardly spen a dime on advertising...here are some tips:

Forums - Post in forums relivent to the site you are promoting. Put your link in your signature only. Do Not Spam....just make useful posts...

Articles - Great way to get visitors. Write articles with key words (keep keywords to about 3%). Make that articles interesting and informative. Tell the reader just enough to make him want to link on the link in your bio.

SEO - Don't design you site for google...design it for visitors...

You said you are building a list...that's great...a couple hundred people is not bad at all...treat your list like gold...cause that's what it is...give them freebies....send them quality info...make them look forward to opening your emails....then you you are pormoting a paid product...they will buy it (trust me)

that's just a few notes...but get this down and you'll go far...
Marc Meole

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:00 pm

I have a top ten list here that will help you generate more traffic too:
http://www.clicknewz.com/633/traffic-ti ... new-sites/

Get involved on some of the social sites for some exposure as well ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Hall » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:34 pm

Sandy Hall

Thank you

Postby Richard Norman » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:10 am

Thank you Sandy for your comments and offer of ebooks etc.

So an auto responder is the script that creates the subscribe "button" (forgive my ignorance) I was aware that I needed some form of getting people to sign up for my news letter.

I am trying hard to get away from eBay the fees are painful.

Yes I do have a nice "about me" page on eBay.

I will find out about the two scripts you mention.

Thank you.

Richard
Richard Norman

Postby tess47 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:25 pm

All the tips are great!

It really takes patience and perserverance when building an online business. Keep working, keep a good attitude (very important in my opinion) and you will be successful! Neat business, by the way :D

I know article writing has already been mentioned, but I am a HUGE fan of writing articles to help with SEO, and send traffic your way.

Also, creating a blog will help get your site seen. Create a free blog on Blogger or Wordpress, post several times per week, and ping your blog, along with submitting to blog directories.

I'm sure with all this help, you will figure out even MORE ways to advertise your business at no cost! I have a very successful online business, and I HAVE NEVER SPENT ONE PENNY on advertising! So I can attest to the fact that it CAN be done.

Good luck to you!
tess47

5 Free Ways to Generate Website Traffic for Beginners

Postby yetticyy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:39 am

Hi,

Here are 5 free ways to generate traffic to a website:

1. Submit articles to article directories. Find long tail keywords (terms with 3 or 4 words in them... and then write articles related to the keywords.

Submit articles to the following sites:

http://www.ezinearticles.com
http://www.goarticles.com
http://searchwarp.com
http://www.articledashboard.com
http://www.articleclick.com
http://www.articlecity.com
http://www.advisor.com
http://www.ideamarketers.com
http://www.articlecube.com
http://www.articletrader.com

2. Start a blog for free at blogger.com or set up one with your domain by using wordpress. Then start posting good cotent rich articles.

3. Create viral videos and post to Youtube.

4. Leave comments to related blogs and forums

5. Make use of other high traffic sites like ebay or amazon. Sell your products through ebay or amazon.

Tks!
Yetti
yetticyy

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics