[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Help I've been researching for days! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Help I've been researching for days!

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Help I've been researching for days!

Postby Homeiswheretheheartis » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:39 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum and to the internet world all together.
I would love to start an internet business. I enjoy helping poeple and I have always wanted to work for myself.
I've been reading the information in this forum and it all seems to be very good info. There is just one problem. I have no idea where to start. I mean really for a beginner. Some of the lingo is confusing me.
Does anyone know of a good mentor or a program that will walk you completely through the process from beginning to end. There are no programs available in my state where I could go and learn what to do or call someone for help. I've been reading and reading and reading.
Oh also I don't have a lot of money to put out up front.

Any suggestions?
Homeiswheretheheartis

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:04 pm

I would recommend two free ebooks to get you a solid understanding of affiliate marketing.

The first one is High Performance Affiliate Marketing by Jeremy Palmer.

The second is Make Your Content PRE-Sell by Ken Evoy.

The first teaches you all about affiliate marketing, while the second teaches you the basics for writing to make your content attractive to customers so that you can achieve your most wanted response.....the click! ;)

As I said, they're both free and will help you build a solid foundation to start out.

Regards,

Tony
Last edited by Oregon Coast Guy on Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Homeiswheretheheartis » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:55 pm

Thanks Tony!
Homeiswheretheheartis

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:46 pm

Anything I can do to help someone trying to get started =]

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby tess47 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:09 pm

I agree - Sitesell is a GREAT place to start. Affiliate marketing is usually the easiest way to get started making money online. Eventually, you will want to consider marketing your own information products - this is where the money really is.

I have TONS of information on my site, especially for newbies, if you would like to check it out.

Good luck, and have patience - it takes time to figure out what you want to do, and how to effectively market your product or service!

Tess

Strategies to Pull BIG Profits in Any Business
tess47

Postby Homeiswheretheheartis » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:18 pm

Thanks Tess,

I will take a look!
Homeiswheretheheartis

Postby sakura » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:39 pm

sakura

Postby Learning » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:48 am

Hi there!
I have started a blog after studying about internet marketing for a year and a half now. I ve found some really good free ebooks and free stuff out there that truly helps the beginner. You can check out my blog and see a summary of things you need to know to do internet marketing.

http://myebiztoolbox.blogspot.com/2008/ ... -able.html

Basically- starting and maintainng an internet business takes a lot of time, effort and learning. It is not a get rich thing and won`t happen overnight.
So if you need money fast then I suggest dooing something else on the side while you learn and make your website.

You have to write a lot of good artciles and submit them to article directorie with links back to your website so that it will be found. The links back should contian your keywords inas a text link so that you will grow ion your raking in google for those keywords.

I suggest learning- like me before starting your website.

Learn how to write well and focus in on one subject.

You will learn a lot from this forum. There are experts here at this forum that help.
Lynn (the forum owner) has an excellent blog and weekly newsletter that is free to sign up for- very good stuff.
She also has a weekly webinar that you can meet other internet marketers like yourself.- It`s on evey tuesday and this has been an invaluable resource for my internet education.

Don`t spend your money on stuff before you know exactly what you are doing.
Spend your time and money int the begining researching.

Learn keyword research to be able to optimize your site for the right words.

That`s my summary of advie. Don`t forget to check out my blog:-)
All the best,
Eren
Learning
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:21 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:16 pm

mellymom3

Affiliate Marketing The Way To Go

Postby kimi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi There,

I agree wholeheartedly with the recommendations for affiliate marketing. It's the quickest way to get your feet wet online and if you apply yourself well enough you can start earning a decent amount of cash in a short time. People have made thousands after just a few months online doing affiliate marketing. It does take some discipline though. I mentor under a guy from Singapore called . He is really good, and best of all his guides are very simple and succinct. I was spinning in a circle until I bought one of his guides and took his number one advice, which is: FOCUS! The number one reason I wasn't making any money online was lack of focus. jumping from one idea to the next. Doing this will only waste your time.

So, take the advice about affiliate marketing, look into it some more and give it a go.

Regards,

Kimi
kimi

Postby Homeiswheretheheartis » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:03 pm

Thanks everyone for all your input. :lol:
Homeiswheretheheartis

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:37 am

You've received a few great resources and ideas here over the last month or so. I assume you've been checking out your options - has anything resonated with you yet or are you still stuck on choosing the direction you want to take?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Homeiswheretheheartis » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:22 pm

I'm still looking over things and gaining knowledge. I just listened to your interview from the Crazy Guy show with Kerry Knuckles (I believe), and I made a list of things that I need to do in order to acheive my goals. The 1st is to get a mentor and the second thing will be to find a away to bring in some income so my finances are okay, than I can really focus on my dreams. I have signed up for your Elite Member club, but I haven't been able to gain access. I have sent you an email, so I'm just waiting for a response.

Thanks Lynn
Homeiswheretheheartis

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:35 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics