[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Can anyone help? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Can anyone help?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Can anyone help?

Postby miriampotter » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:11 am

miriampotter

Postby AlexNewell » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:18 am

AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby miriampotter » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:11 am

miriampotter

Postby AlexNewell » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am

I have not used TX but I know some people who own them. providing you use them properly they are fine.

Properly means for lead generation. Lots of people try to sell to TX users and that's nuts. Show them a simple optin page ( like this, but this one is not finished yet http://www.newbie-on-the-net.com/) and you'll be fine.

You can use a PAGE on your blog for this - send them to that page with an optin box. OOOPs I did not ask, do you have an autoresponder company yet?

You can also get links and visitors by using Yahoo Answers. Really just use every bit of the Net you can to get links, traffic and keep tabs as much as you can on your progress.

And when you are stuck, ask!

Ask
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Re: Can anyone help?

Postby Joanne Mason » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:34 pm

Hi Miriam,

Hope you're feeling well today. Besides blogging another good
way to build your income is to consider doing a membership site.
It doesn't have to be anything elaborate. Even a basic membership
site will produce a recurring income for you. Then on days when you
may not have the energy to do anything at least you'll know that you
still have some money coming in.

Hope that helps,
Joanne
Joanne Mason

Postby AlexNewell » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:25 am

Hi Miriam,

turning a blog into a business takes a lot of work. I was in a monthly Mentoring class held by a prominent blogger, Yaro Starak. Quite simply his recipe was to write lots of articles and post them and reach out to other bloggers with comments and trackbacks.

I think he's right although I don't think you need to write long articles, short posts can be fine. It just needs to be interesting!

What I need to do next is use my blogs more and learn a little about RSS and get an up to date Ping List.

BTW, I have a membership site and nearly everybody who has one will tell you about the time and energy spent on setting it up, adapting it, running it and so on. Basically a membership site is only a "wrapper" around a list.

I think your major job is to build traffic to your blog and get some regular earnings. Then what you do is to "rinse and repeat".

Nobody makes a real income from one blog-one blog may make you $200 a month or $50 or $500! You will need several and you do not know in advance which ones are really going to work. do not be surprised if even after carefull market research your blog does not earn much - just move on to your next one.

All The Best

Alex :D

PS I said "nobody makes a real income from one blog - of course the "celebrity" bloggers like Yaro Starak http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/
and Steve Pavlina do http://www.stevepavlina.com/

What most people are doing with their blogs is called niche marketing. You might be interested in an ebook by Andew Hansen called "Niche Marketing On Crack". Ghastly title but it's a good book!
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby miriampotter » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:36 pm

Hello

Thank you all for your tips.
I use Response Magic as my responder service, it is excellent.
(am I allowed to leave a link for RM here)?

Can you recommend a pingomatic tool that is good please, one that you use and know works.

Also, are there any particular places to put links on the net, that work the best, thanks.
miriampotter

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics