[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Business Idea Brainstorming : New Business Ideas! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Business Idea Brainstorming : New Business Ideas!

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Other ideas

Postby optioncart » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:59 pm

After a long hiatus, I'm popping back in again to say hello. :) And I figured that this would be a great place to start. There are some really great ideas here! I'll add to the list with some others. These are all "fun" ideas that probably wouldn't bring in tons of money, but could be great starters for someone who just wanted to make a couple extra hundred a month.

"Toys Inside" Business - We want our kids to be healthy, giving them healthy dinners instead of fast food meals. But those darn toys make it hard to compete! I'd think someone could create a whole business just taking little toys, bagging them up, and then creating stickers that said "Toy Inside!". Moms could then make up their own "fast food" meals and plop a toy inside, and stick a sticker on the outside. That could even be used for kids' lunches, "healthy" cereals, healthy snacks, etc.

Personalized Paper Dolls - I've always thought it would be great to have cute paper dolls that have my daughter's face on them, and maybe some with her family and friends on them. In this digital world, it'd be pretty simple for someone with graphic ability to make something like that.

Personalized Story Subscriptions - I've seen personalized letters and personalized books for kids. But what about creating a simple, one-page story with kids' names on them, print it on one of those cute decorative papers, and send them to kids once a month? It could be included in a bright colored envelope with 2 or 3 corresponding stickers that they could place on the story to decorate it.

Grab Bag Gifts - Take some cute little inexpensive toys, wrap them all up in pretty paper scraps, and sell a bucket of grab bag toys for busy moms. When moms are on the phone or want to reward their kids for a job well done, they can allow the kids to grab a toy and unwrap it. This could be used in conjunction with the "Toys Inside" business.

Pocket Crafts - This is actually something my mom does on the side with success. She takes pom pons, pipe cleaners, ribbons, etc. and puts them into a little candy baggie with a folded instruction sheet that's printed out, to create pocket crafts. They're sold as stocking stuffers, party favor gifts, packs for scout troops and church groups, in sets for babysitter helpers, sold to grandparents who want to send fun things to their grandkids in the mail, etc.

Gift Baskets (using unique containers) - Instead of offering gift baskets only, why not create fun gift basket themes in unique containers? For instance, a sports themed coffee cup, Sports Illustrated magazine, foam block to throw at the TV when your team loses, a fun felt pendant and snacks could be stuffed into a toy basketball hoop/net. Or a bunch of stamps, stickers, pencils, some aspirin, an apple puppet, a few gourmet coffee packets and some cookies could be put into a plastic organizer for a teacher gift. Or a phone card, some cookies, ramen noodles, aspirin, movie passes and a clif notes coupon could be put into a fun baseball cap for college students.

Teacher Gifts - Find products that would make excellent teacher gifts, from small little items for assistant teachers, therapists, administrative staff, etc. to larger items for the teacher or even for the classroom. A percent of each sale could go to a participating school of your choice.

"No Charge" Grocery Delivery - Offer to deliver groceries at no cost - but they have a minimum price and will pay full price for all items. You would use coupons and store cards, and you make whatever the difference is between your costs and the savings from those coupons and store cards.

Maybe one of those might help someone who wants to "start small".

Susan
optioncart

Postby kdwells » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:30 pm

kdwells

Postby wahmjennie » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:25 pm

wahmjennie

Postby Shannon » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:01 am

Shannon

Create a membership around a passion

Postby wordmuse » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:15 pm

I'm working on this one now, and subscribers of my newsletter
are getting an advance opportunity to get in on the cheap.
(One method of prelaunch.)

One of my passions is somewhat unique in its description:
"Activity Based Resources Without Information Overload,"
and this is what my membership site is about.

I'm not a programmer, and there's nothing in it that's whiz
bang high tech (unless, like me, you consider the internet and
electricity to be forms of magic with scientific explanations
used to quiet the inquisitive) :). But it does have some neat stuff
inside, it's going to have more neat stuff, as it gets to deployment,
and I'll be including an affiliate program.

I don't mean to just focus on what I've been doing, but
want to indicate that this idea has some merit (I've acquired
a few members who have not asked for refunds) even though
the topic isn't exactly "hot" by internet marketers' standards.

But it's "hot for me." And if you have something that's "hot
for you," then you can do something similar.

The cool thing about for-pay membership sites is that as long
as you keep the quality up, many members stay members and
pay periodically with no additional sales effort by you.

So - give it some thought. You just might find that you can
make active-to-passive income that revolves around something
you truly enjoy.

Regards,
Bal
wordmuse
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics