[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How To Clear Firefox? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How To Clear Firefox?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How To Clear Firefox?

Postby queenofkaos » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:48 am

I am having a strange problem.

My blog layout went weird a few days ago for apparently no reason. Stacie from Static Blogging gave me a fix for it right away, (Christy and Stacie are total lifesavers!)

But I noticed that when I checked the site, the sidebar was showing a partially downloaded graphic that is not even for my site, and when I copied the url for the graphic into firefox, the wrong graphic was still coming up.

But the weird part is that it shows properly in explorer and on my other computer so I am thinking it has to be a firefox problem specific to my computer.

Also my RSS graphic isn't showing for either blog as it should be but works on the other computer and explorer.

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to fix this firefox glitch?

I'm assuming that the blog is showing fine for everyone else but me on this computer.
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:56 am

You may have old cache and cookies in there from the way the site use to be, simply go to tools, click on clear private data and check cache and cookies. It is a good idea to do this often because when you work on the web a lot it does not take long for your browser to fill up and bog down.

It is my guess old files are lurking that just need to be cleared. Once you do this then go back to the site and see what happens.

Hope this helps
karynsolo

Postby queenofkaos » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Thank you Karyn!! It worked.
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:48 pm

for future reference, you can simply hold down the shift key and click the refresh button at the top of the browser.

this will force it to reload from the server and not from your cache.

the only part of FF that holds this type of info is the cache.

not cookies, or any of your other private info.
clearing everything is unnecessary and will wipe out a lot of things you might want to keep.

luck,
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics