[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - tax time is here and I need one piece of help • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

tax time is here and I need one piece of help

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

tax time is here and I need one piece of help

Postby selfstarterjim » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:29 am

I've been in affiliate marketing for about 3 years but just started to earn an income within the last year (2007) . Just a trickle of income mind you, but I certainly have paid my dues in expenses with ebooks and courses that have helped me along the way.

I live in the U.S. and am trying to see if I can deduct these e books and courses as an investment expense, education expense or some kind of expense category that will satisfy the IRS.

Can someone give me some experienced words on this issue? Or point me in the direction where I need to go,,short of a tax accountant?

thanks for the help,
Jim
selfstarterjim

Postby nar321 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:35 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby selfstarterjim » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:00 pm

so i went to the website that you posted and asked the exact same question.

If any other affiliate marketer is out there that can also answer my question I would appreciate it.

thanks,
Jim
selfstarterjim

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:04 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby selfstarterjim » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:46 am

selfstarterjim

Postby Alan Petersen » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:39 am

I also setup a folder in gmail called "receipts" so whenever I buy something like an e-book I archive it in there. Easy way to keep track of purchases and your receipts in case the IRS wants to see them. But I don't break it down as educational, and this or that. Like Lynn it's all business expenses.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Re: tax time is here and I need one piece of help

Postby kirkward » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:21 pm

kirkward
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:06 pm

and that doesn't even mention the fact that even the IRS doesn't have a clue what the tax code says about any given subject.

you can call them 10 times, talk to 10 different people and get 10 different answers on the same question.

good luck,
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby kirkward » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:32 pm

kirkward
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:31 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Re: tax time is here and I need one piece of help

Postby kristinecfp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:17 am