[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Mailing Lists • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Mailing Lists

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Mailing Lists

Postby Tracy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:26 pm

I'm wondering if you have any recommendations for a company to use for my mailing lists? I know that mailings lists are gold and want a company that is reputable but doesn't charge a fortune. I will need to have lists for my two existing sites and the ability to add others as I create new sites. Is there a company that allows you to have multiple mailing lists on one account?
Tracy

Postby Mommyland » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:43 pm

I think the best one is aweber. its unlimited lists on one account.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi Tracy,

I use and recommend Aweber: http://sswt.aweber.com - and for good reason. They are the industry leader in mailing list management and have the highest delivery rate available. They do allow you to host an unlimited number of mailing lists, autoresponders, and even blog broadcasts (automated email notification for blogs) in your one account for only $19.95/month.

You may consider starting out on a free or cheaper service to start, thinking you'll upgrade to Aweber later... but honestly you will lose most of your subscribers when you do that, so its best to just start out on Aweber (because trust me, every serious marketer ends up moving their lists there sooner or later ;) ). For more about it, see my thread in the Email Marketing section here at the forum. Its a sticky thread at the top of the category titled "Choosing A Mailing List Manager" (I think I'm remembering that title correctly).
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics