[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I need a good email server for my domain name email. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I need a good email server for my domain name email.

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

I need a good email server for my domain name email.

Postby Rich Atkinson » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi,
I have GoDaddy as my email server and it's really clunky. I would like an IMAP server that I can integrate with Outlook and do mail merge.

Any suggestions for a good email server that I can use with my domain name?

Rich Atkinson
Rich Atkinson

Postby bs28723 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Rich,
Hate to tell you but that may not be possible. Usually email servers are setup for the entire linux server. So unless you have a dedicated box and control everything, then I doubt anyone will let you change this.

Not sure I would recommend this anyway, with the spam stuff, this could become a full time job.

It may be easier to find another hosting company. I just started using IMAP on webhsp.com. They are not the cheapest, but I have been with them for a while and they have been very stable and supportive.

hostgator.com also supports IMAP.

hope this helps.

Bill
bs28723

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:17 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re:I need a good email server for my domain name email.

Postby Rich Atkinson » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:33 pm

Thanks Bill and Terry,
Sorry to take so long to pick this up. I've been really really busy. Did I say really. Part of that is great. My business is definitely picking up!

Anyway. I took a look at Hostgator. Looks like they have IMAP support for mail merge and they do free domain transfer! Wow! That makes it a whole lot easier.

How is their email program? Is it pretty quick and easy to use? GoDaddy's is really clunky.

Thanks
Rich
Rich Atkinson

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:20 pm

When you say email, are you referring to your basic POP3 email accounts, or your mailing lists & autoresponders? I use Aweber for the latter. And for the record, I've had ZERO problems with my pop3 accounts at HostGator. My recent email issues were through another host.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: Email

Postby Rich Atkinson » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Rich Atkinson

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:42 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:28 am

Yeah...GoDaddy isn't good for much else than domain name registration. Why they didn't just stick with that, we may never know. :?

Lynny, your troubles with that unnamed host make me really nervous. I still have that host for some sites! :shock:

Is it easy to switch sites over to HostGator? I haven't gotten up the nerve just yet.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:30 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics