[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Do you really have to find a niche' market? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Do you really have to find a niche' market?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Do you really have to find a niche' market?

Postby scott » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:20 pm

scott

Postby kathleen » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:29 pm

kathleen

Postby Robert Puddy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:14 pm

Robert Puddy

Postby scott » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:05 pm

Kathleen and Bob,

Kathleen-

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate them. Rosiland's book really has me going! I'm totally rethinking everything! You'd be better off following someone other than me, I've barley made a dime! :lol: :lol: Thank you again for the kind words!

Bob-

I've thought about grabbing a generic domain name and going that route. Though I'm not concerned with PR as much as I am with link reputation, I do think it's a very good idea.
I see Lynn has a link to James Martell's book. Have you read it by chance? Also, can you suggest anymore places where I can learn about mini-sites? They do interest me.

Thank you both!

Scott
scott

Postby Andre Chaperon » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:17 am

Scott, Robert is right about creating a handful of niche mini-sites. There are a number of benefits in doing so, one of which is that dreaded sales killer, "distraction--too much information!"

By creating these mini-sites you really now only give your visitor two options. Buy (take action) or leave. Both my newsletter sites are mini-sales sites with the ONLY intention of getting the visitor to opt-in. There is no distraction, and hence if the visitor doesn't opt-in, they probably aren't the subscriber I want anyway.

My 1 page eBay newsletter mini-site was #2 on Google for many months... however Google have now done something funky and it's nowhere to be seen :oops: But that's my problem ;-)

Think about it--you would be able to have highly targeted keywords in AdWords, combined with a very specific AdWord ad directing prospects to your highly focused mini-site. Make sure the mini-site answers their question(s), solves their problem(s), and generating sales will be inevitable.

Not only that, but from your generic root domain, simple create a site map for the SE's to crawl. Won't it be a pleasant surprise when your mini-sites start popping up on Google page one ;-)

To learn more about mini-sites, take a look at . I don't think there is anyone that makes more money from mini-sites than Phil does.

Take care,
Last edited by Andre Chaperon on Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Postby scott » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:30 am

scott

Postby Andre Chaperon » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:47 am

Scott, it's 6:30AM, what are you doing up?

A mini site is really just a very specific one pager, kind of like a sales letter. It has now become harder and harder to close a sales or attract an opt-in, and hence I believe you really have to sell everything now.

Take this for an example:

I'm busy split testing two versions of my eBay newsletter mini site:

http://www.auctionhelpguide.com/indexa.html
(This is really a benefit induced sales letter)

http://www.auctionhelpguide.com/indexb.html
(This does not sells on the benefits. It's really just a page asking for a visitor to subscribe)

The results so far:

A = 73 views / 19 opt-ins / 26% conversion
B = 84 views / 15 opt-ins / 17.9% conversion

So, as you can see, the mini site that is in the form of a sales letter is outperforming the other. As I'm lead to believe, a few tears ago my page B would have been more than sufficient. Today...nope!

I hope this helps!

P.S. I'll take a look at the thread you supplied shortly ;-)
Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Postby scott » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:24 am

Andre,

What am I doing up so early? I still have to work!! ARGH!!! Hopefully, not for much longer!! :lol: :lol:

I checked out your sites, very impressive. Mind if I ask how you make money? I'm assuming you have affiliate links within your course.

Your saying that by building a website on the topic e-bay, would be too distracting and your converstion rate would be lower correct?

Thanks,

Cheers!

Scott
scott

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics