[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Better to Have Your Own or Use Someone Else's? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Better to Have Your Own or Use Someone Else's?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby scott » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:38 pm

scott

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:45 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby scott » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:11 pm

scott

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:29 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby scott » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:47 pm

Lynn,

Thank you for the feedback!

When I was researching building my topic, all I heard was if you offer good content they will buy because they trust you. Ok, so I sat down and I started writing I wrote great information with affil links scattered throughout my site.

Once that was done, I had to get my pages ranked high in the search engines. So I took Sharon and Roy's course (Awesome course, I highly recommend it to anyone). Ok, now I know about SEO. Because if your page isn't highly ranked, how can any one find you?!?!?!?!

Now, I'm focusing on making money. I've known from sometime that my pages weren't written correctly. Meaning the information was good, there was nothing making people buy. I read Rosalind's book (Awesome book, I highly recommend it to anyone), and that is when the light went on.

Your right about the graphics and the newsletter. What do I get out of a newsletter where no one buys? Before it was the satisfaction that I actually did it. I actually created a site that people seem to enjoy. I'm still amazed at the little amount of traffic I generate each month (about 2000+ visitors according to Webalizer).

That "I did it feelling" is wearing off and is becoming frustration. Because I'm not making the money I want. For me the problem has been understanding what is meant by the term content. Now I feel I have a very good understanding and am ready to do some rewriting and tweaking. After I do some writing, I'll start a PPC campaign. The PPC campaign, really does exicte me because I'll get instant feedback instead of waiting for Google and others to crawl my site.

I think now, I'm on the right path as far as my fishing site goes.

I can say this, my site has been one HUGE learning experience! I can take so much from my site into my new one!

Scott
scott

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:33 pm

Wow, thanks Lynn and Scott!! The discussion between the two of you has been of HUGE value to me (and I'm sure others) who are just starting out in the affiliate marketing/website/online business thing. It has filled in some of the blanks in my head about the great mystery of content.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Postby scott » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:22 am

scott

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:15 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics