[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What monitor resolution are you using and why? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What monitor resolution are you using and why?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What monitor resolution are you using and why?

Postby Edwin Ryan » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:29 pm

I need some of your feedback. What monitor resolution
are you using? (ex. 800x600 or 1024x768)

It will surely be helpful in designing my next website.

Kindly,
Edwin
Edwin Ryan

Postby Bina Omar » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:34 am

Hi Edwin,

I use 1024x768.

This is because I currently use Dreamweaver to maintain my site.
And in order to see the whole of my web page in the workspace, I
have to set the resolution at 1024x768. If I don't, I have to keep scrolling
to the right.

Warm regards,
Bina.
Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:15 am

I use 800x600 just by preference

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby Tom Fosson » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:24 am

I have my monitor set at 1600x1200, but I never open my browser to 'full screen' - I usually have it set to around 1024x1032 for viewing. Generally, I try to design sites to be 'fluid' so they adapt to the browser window. If I do restrict the size, I enclose everything in a table 600px wide, In those situations, you need to decide whether it looks best centered (balanced white space) or left aligned (all extra white space on the right.)

Cheers,
Tom
Tom Fosson

Postby sugarrae » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:21 am

I may be wrong here, but itsn't the proper pixel size to view in decided by the size of your monitor screen? I view in 1024X768 - but while I CAN go back to 800X600, everything looks distorted and huge on my 17 inch monitor. I always design my sites in percentages so it adjusts to fit the viewers screen.

According to my experience across several sites I own, most of my visitors are viewing in 800X600 or 1024X768 - together the two account for the screen resolution over 86% of visitors who come to my sites - split pretty evenly between the two. Most popular browser is IE6, with IE5 close behind. Together they account for over 90% of the browsers used by my site visitors.
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby kidino » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:30 am

I use 1028 x 780 but I always design for 800 x 600
kidino
Elite Member

Postby nsusa » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:59 pm

nsusa

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics