[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Business Cards • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Business Cards

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Business Cards

Postby vanderhuge » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:37 am

Can people post where they get their business cards and for how much?

Thanks,
Frank
vanderhuge

Postby sugarrae » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:54 am

LOL, funny you should ask this. I changed my main site logo a while back and threw out the business cards to get new ones to match the updated logo. Well, I forgot and I have a meeting this weekend and had to buy business cards today (and pay a ridiculous amount to get the order rush shipped, sigh). I got them from http://www.vistaprint.com -

I upload my own background for the card (made in PSP) and upload my logo for the card. I got 250 cards today with my custom background (costs extra), my custom logo (costs extra) and glossy finish (costs extra) for about 40-45 dollars. It is cheaper per card the more you buy, but I rarely need them, so I order small amounts. I have used Vistaprint a few times before... good thickness (not moster thick, but certainly not flimsy at all). I really can't find anything bad to say about them ;).
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:47 pm

I have used VistaPrint in the past with great results also. I was very pleased with the quality and with the overall service.

You might also check your local printing shops - I find them very helpful when I am undecided on my layout or minor details and need an outside opinion. When I had my business in a storefront on the town square, I used a shop a couple of blocks away. I could pick up the phone and let them know I was running low, or any minor changes I wanted, and they would generally deliver them up to my office the next morning.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby CorpRebel » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:40 pm

Hi All!

I too have used with good success. I leave alot of cards around so I use their Free biz cards (250) ... but they tack on shipping/handling (of course) of $5.25 for delivery within 3 weeks. More for quicker delivery. But still an excellent deal.

Their free templates are fine for most of my needs. Like I said, I do use them for when I leave alot of cards around (anyplace I might visit or stay). These are my "basic" biz cards.

I do use a local printer for the more specialized cards I actually hand to people myself. Might sound like a weird way to do it, but I've been called worse! :lol:

Certain cards for certain situations ...

My 3 cents ...

To YOUR Online Success!

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby fast-pack.com » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:42 pm

Hello All!,

I currently get mine from the UK. www.colourcards.com . Full color, with black printing on the back. Great Cards!
fast-pack.com

Everybody seems to like VistaPrint...

Postby HowardH » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:57 pm

HowardH

Postby vanderhuge » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:37 pm

vanderhuge

Postby HowardH » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:49 pm

HowardH

Postby vanderhuge » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:56 pm

vanderhuge

Postby webturtle » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:40 am

Well, I designed my own cards and print them right here on my printer - I found a really nice desk jet stock that has a gloss on one side and micro perfs. My logos are pretty colorful with that logo I have and the colors are great with these cards. I've thought about having a box of them printed though - now that I've figured out for sure what I want them to say! I have a relationship with a fantastic digital print shop and run most of my clients cards there - because they usually want short runs of 500 or less.
webturtle

Postby uniquelyyours » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:36 pm

uniquelyyours

Before using VistaPrint or making your own cards...

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:50 pm

Postby webturtle » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:39 pm

webturtle

Postby sugarrae » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:56 pm

Diana, I agree with most everything you said. Case in point, this weekend I was at a conference and a person gave me a card. I flipped it over to write something on the back (a reminder on the conversation) and saw the for free by Vistaprint. Even though I know for a fact this person is successful and has a important position within a specific company, it did make a somewhat negative impression to me. Now, if I had NOT known for a fact of the person's status, the impression wouldn't have only been somewhat negative.

As an example of a positive impression... last year at this same conference, I was given a card by someone. It was a great card and gave me a great impression. When I saw him again at this years conference, I actually remembered who he was because of the great card. This year he had a different card, but again a great design and quality. A friend I was with also remarked on how nice his card was. Again, he left a great impression.

Luckily, this time I was smart enough to get the name of his designer ;).

I also would recommend the book on designing effective cards and using them for effective networking. It was a great and simple read with a lot of good ideas. No worries Lynn, the link above to Amazon is not my affiliate link ;).
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby fast-pack.com » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:07 am

fast-pack.com

Next

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics