[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Can you start an online biz with just $100? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Can you start an online biz with just $100?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby webturtle » Wed May 31, 2006 6:14 am

webturtle

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 31, 2006 12:19 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Hello everyone

Postby Frank Shrum » Wed May 31, 2006 4:46 pm

Frank Shrum

Postby clint48 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:11 am

Lynn, why even get hosting, get a free blog at blogger.com, add a few affiliate programs, put adsense on the blog, anything you make will be profit. Use free advertising to get targeted visitors to your blog. If a person does that and really works hard at getting the visitors to the site, I don't see how they could not make money. Just keep adding a few new blogs as you go and your profits should continue to increase. Make sure you choose a good niche and tie the blogs together, when you are satisfied start another niche and do the same thing. Total cost zerro, but after you start making $17.00 a month, I would invest in a good autoresponder to build your list and you are all set.

Clint Pollard
clint48

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:50 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:53 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

blogger.com

Postby Johnny » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:14 am

One thing about blogger.com is that it is index by Google super fast.
But at the end of the day, you are building traffic for blogger.com
Who know, one day it just shut you out from your blog because of abc reason. For a quick start, blogger.com is a good platform, basically no cost involved. But for long run, I believe setting blog in your own domain serve you better
Johnny

Postby computerincome » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:21 am

what if blogger is hosted on your domain as is an option?

Rachel
computerincome

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:15 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby dynn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:29 am

dynn

Postby Griffin Lilly Jr » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:28 am

Griffin Lilly Jr

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:04 pm

WordPress is free, so by "investment" I assume you are referring to the time put into setting it up and learning it.

I actually found it to be much easier than I expected it would be. I made the switch from Blogger to WordPress just this year myself (finally lol). It was a very positive move, and I've found there are a lot of benefits to using WordPress.

I outlined some of them in a recent article, which you can find here:

:arrow:

:D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Griffin Lilly Jr » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:46 am

Griffin Lilly Jr

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:32 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

One possible online biz that can be started for <$100

Postby DBeavers » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:20 pm

would be the biz I'm in.

It's hard for me to share about the company I work with, without it sounding like an ad. But, that is because Kaeser and Blair, Inc. has been great for me and many of my associates.

To start with, they don't charge anyone for the privilege of selling for them. They even provide the order forms free of charge. And every fax and call you make to them is via toll-free lines. And that is just for starters.

The primary restriction of this opportunity is that it is limited to U.S. residents. K & B has decided to focus on their strong suit, and that is serving US customers.

While many of the dealers sell primarily or mostly in the "brick and mortar" world like I do, some are writing 100% of their business online.

K & B's exclusive 226-page "Best Buys" catalog has been digitized, so any and every dealer who chooses to, can link to it from their personal site (at no charge). Many of the big suppliers also post their catalogs on "safe" websites, and allow the salespeople of this industry to link to them at no charge.

So someone with a $1.99 domain name from godaddy.com and a free website from their ISP can put their business online without spending the first dollar.

Once it is online, then they have to consider how they intend to get traffic to their site. That may require the $100 to use for AdWords, AdSense, or other means of inviting visitors to their site.

But, they don't have to buy, store, and sell inventory in order to generate a profit. The un-imprinted merchandise is stored at the supplier's location withing for the buyer's order.

I could go on for pages of details on K & B's $75 Milllion annual sales volume in this $18 Billion US market, but will stop for now.

Just wanted to let folks here know that there are genuine business opportunities that can be startd, online or off, with little or no out-ot-pocket money.

Dennis
DBeavers

PreviousNext

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics