[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Can you start an online biz with just $100? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Can you start an online biz with just $100?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby massimo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:35 am

Hello Teena,
THANKS for your tips, your words and visit the website!

About Anna recipes?

Anna is very glad about her website...
She has built it without thinking on business and it is very funny (for her) to manage it.

This is a perfect point to consider => your site must be funny for you to control.

Yeahhh, very important. Otherwise all becomes very boring to do... :wink:
:wink:
massimo

Yes...you can get started and be successful for FREE.

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:02 pm

It is more challenging by far.

But very possible.

Go to http://officelive.microsoft.com and register a real domain, host a website, and create a website for FREE.

VERY IMPORTANT - find a problem in a market that matches your skills. You must find the market first...and know how you are going to solve a problem. This is the hardest part...and one that most ignore.

Then create a product (audio, report, whatever...).

Sell that product on your website.

Promote your website using forums, possibly exchanging your product for advertising services, creating a blog with content and links back to your site for more info.

This was a rudementary plan, which I am sure anyone could add a lot of detail to...but the core ideas are here.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Jeff Casmer » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:19 pm

Jeff Casmer

Postby netjunkie » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:38 pm

There's a bunch of great advice on how to start
an online business for under $100. I agree with
most of them.

It's just a matter of what your preferences are. I
can see most of these working out for newbies.

Promoting products as an affiliate is probably the
best ways to get started. The most important thing
you have to consider is how you're gonna drive
traffic to your site or the vendor's site. The other
important element is building your list.

So getting a domain name, hosting, and an
autoresponder account will likely cost you under
$100 with change to spare. Then you cold reinvest
your earnings in your business and grow your
business.
Last edited by netjunkie on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
netjunkie

Postby charlemont » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:40 pm

I started online with blogspot blogs - worked from office, having no my own computer. So, no investments were required. But I stumbled upon a VERY good keyword :-)
charlemont

I believe the answer to this is Yes

Postby RichardSchulz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:49 am

RichardSchulz

Postby Michael b » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:31 pm

If you are new to internet marketing and web design or even if you are experienced there is a program I believe you should have on your websites and it is free.

I haven't been doing this very long but my last 2 months were very profitable and with as it will allow you to easily sell products related to whatever niche or website that you've made its free and you can set it up on and sign up with in a few minutes time. Basically is lets you sell ebay items and collect commissions, don't laugh I generated a lot of income from it just last month alone.

My first thought was i won't be able to sell ebay products on a) a content site and b) it'd still be hard on a niche product site. I was actually wrong on both. It works well on both formats and doesn't take much effort to set up.

Anyway give it a try it will help you make money for free and goes hand in hand with trying to keep your cost down on business start up online.

If you want exact numbers I pulled last month I'd be happy to share them with you.
Michael b

Postby athomemom » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:16 pm

I started for free because I had no way to pay for anything online. I signed up for a PayPal account and grabbed a free website off Piczo.com. Then I wrote sets of ten articles and set up a very simple website promoting my niche article packs. I sold them 10 for $15 on specific topics.

All my advertising was free, done on forums and through free venues. I also applied for tons of writing jobs, with my website URL in the signature line of my email. It didn´t take long for me to get my first sale. Once I had money in my PayPal account, I registered a domain name and moved my website to another free host that allowed domains.

Now, I have 4 blogs and a website going, all hosted on Host Gator with their own domain names. So, yes, you can easily start a business for under $100.
athomemom

Biz for under $100

Postby Mark P. » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:58 pm

Certainly it depends on what type of biz you are intent on starting. There are so many tools and resources online that having no money or less than $100 is not a viable excuse. My Dad always said, "Do something... Even if it's wrong". Peace :D
Mark P.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:59 pm

I may be a little late giving my opinion on this...but here it is...YOU MOST CERTAINLY CAN! And I don't mean that as a yelling point.

I started 9 months ago with $60, joined a program that promised to show me how to build a website.

You then need a hosting and domain name, so I had yard sale after yard sale to get another $45 for that, so it cost me a little over $100, but I have a profitable business started, and my profits have grown every month.

You have to want to succeed, in order to succeed. You have to decide how much you want to put into a business, no one else can do it for you. They can teach you and tell you how to do it, but if you don't want to put the time and effort into any business it is not going to work!

So that's my two cents.

Nancy
Nancy

Postby homenotion » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:02 pm

Obviously, as you can see from others that starting an online busines with $100 is completely doable. But the biggest problem I see for folks is they stumble around trying to make fast, easy money that they don't really have an idea or a plan.

When a few tries at things doesn't work out, they give up.

Dedication, patience and perseverence are key. Doing your homework, networking, research and believing in yourself are also very important.

Being online is a business and like any other business it takes work and dediation. Lose your focus or your dedication and you'll end up back working for someone else :(

Elizabeth
http://www.homenotion.com
homenotion

Postby globalkiwi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Hi,
It's true that there isn't much in life for free however there is lot's in life that is low cost. I have spent heaps of money trying things that didnt return me any money but I must say that I am very happy with the System that I have come across, Sure it costs a little to get going - $10 initially. (that's low cost).
That gives you your 'online presence' with your own domain name but more importantly you get all the training and mentoring you need for Free!
A very simple step by step plan that anyone can do it. That is the key. It's great to want something but usually we have to be taught how to get it.

Why not click on the link below and explore some Free education and upskilling.
globalkiwi

Reply to Starting a Business on $100

Postby tomandrade » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:53 am

Yes, it is possible to start. To continue, I would say no if you need quick results. I'm speaking realistically. The more profit you are trying to achieve the greater amount of time and resources you will need. There really is no magic bullet that will bring riches with no effort or investment. Advertising is everything. The more people you show your business to, the faster you will grow. There is no escpaping this reality.

The great thing about the internet is you can go farther with less than in the offline world-generally. There is greater opportunity for more people here.

Finally, I will say that while it is possible to build a business with that kind of investment, be prepared for it to take years. At some point you will need to build more into your advertising budget as you grow.

Here is a low cost way to start.

Regards,
Tom Andrade
tomandrade

In a lot of ways

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:48 pm

kowhai

Postby MrCat » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 pm

Hi there!

The possbilities of earning online are endless. All you need is a solid idea and the passion to back it up :)

You can make your own website or even just a blog. Get a lot of traffic into it and then monetize it thru a number of ways : PPC, Ad placements, sponsorships, etc.

A lot of big earners on the net started out with simple ideas and put their heart into it and eventually made it big :)
MrCat

PreviousNext

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics