[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Moving home ofc to family room - akk • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Moving home ofc to family room - akk

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Moving home ofc to family room - akk

Postby HGPgal » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:40 am

We will be moving my Mom into my current home office and moving the ofc upstairs to a part of the large family room. I'm in a quandry as to its configuration (I can decorate it, just not sure how to arrange it!) :wink:

Area:
There is a single window on left wall, corner, long wall and open ballisters on the opposite corner (open to downstairs). That's also the corner that can be seen from downstairs. This area is not very deep. The left wall from window to corner is 74"; long wall is 164"; short ballister wall is 44". The "open" side will be divided with some sort of screen and the couch.

Equipment:
I will have a corner workstation (prefer not to face into corner of room, but outward), deep table, 4-drawer file cabinet (vertical), metal literature organizer, printer & stand, fax (not used often), 2 "iris" carts, miscellaneous "stack a shelf" melamine closet organizers and lots of "stuff"!! I spend most of my time on the computer and handling paper, so the lit organizer must be close.

Most of my home decor product will relocate to the garage, but all candles will need to stay with the ofc because of temperature changes. I'd like to use the vertical space and go up the wall with shelves. The walls are painted beadboard.

I'm not sure how to BEST arrange the new office. I hope you can help me with configurations and suggestions! Thank you.
HGPgal

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:36 pm

I'm not the person to ask... Gosh, it takes me 3 trips back and forth to the store just to get a set of curtains up that I can live with :shock: :lol:

Hopefully we have some creatives on the board, though - I would be interested to hear their suggestions, myself!

To get a better idea of positioning - I am curious what challenges or distractions you will face with this move? Is their television in the same room, family activities, etc?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby HGPgal » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:35 pm

The family rm is upstairs, and more for us grownups. The kids have the living room. During the day, the TV won't be on in the family rm., but it might be nice to be able to see it at night when my DH is watching something vaguely interesting...

It's kind of a retreat up there, so not too much in the way of distractions (rather, no more than now, anyway!) (-;

Main challenge is to have a fully operative work area/scrapbook area and NOT to show all the clutter that goes along with it. LOL!
HGPgal

Return to Home Office Talk