[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - what's your work week? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

what's your work week?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

what's your work week?

Postby Alexander » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:20 am

How many hours a day/week do you work? I'm a newbie :) and really want to know this. I'm still working "regular" job and wanna know how long is your
work day.
Alexander

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:44 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby avrr » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:25 pm

Everyday I work 5-6 hours online. Email checking before going to bed. These 6 hours , somedays in morning (most of the time) or in evenings...

Don't like to work on sundays.
avrr

Postby Alexander » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:36 pm

Sounds good to me ;) Definitely its much better than 10-12 a day as I do now on my job.
Last edited by Alexander on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander

My Work Week

Postby stevecsd » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:37 pm

stevecsd

Postby stephfoster » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:18 pm

Depends on how cooperative my kids are being! I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old, so my routine is to do bits and pieces during the day when they're playing, then a couple hours in the evening. I stay up late working about one night a week.

I try to have a goal to accomplish each day I work. It may be to create articles for a given site, get new links to a variety of sites, submit articles, etc. If I accomplish the goal... well, I generally find something else I can do, maybe for the site I'm focusing on that day, maybe for another.
stephfoster

Postby Jeff Casmer » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:10 pm

Jeff Casmer

Postby bianca5454 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:52 pm

I only spend about 3 hours a day on my home biz! At first, it took more time to get started up. Once I built a foundation, things came easier and I didn't need to spend as much time.
bianca5454

New Here

Postby Brides-Elegance » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:43 pm

Hi. This is my first post, I've been reading up on the post boards. My name is Linda and wanted to say hello!

My work week, I have two companies, but my bridal business is my full-time job. I am working from 4:00 am to about 9:00 PM.

I try not to work on Sunday's, day with family and my 6 year old daughter. But there are days, I have to work 24/7.

Linda
Brides-Elegance

Postby CorpRebel » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:28 pm

When I started working online "full-time" (about 4 years ago), I was putting in ALOT of hours most days (10-12hrs). But it was definitely worth the effort.

Being involved in affiliate marketing has made it alot easier as I didn't have any of my own products and services that needed constant customer support. So my average hours spent daily is down to 3-5 hours. Depending on what needs to be done still.

In the past year I have also gotten involved with (which is another incredible income stream) which only takes little time out of my daily schedule.

My weekday schedule is something like this:

9:30am to "maybe" 11:00am (ET) - Doing my Day Trading ... ALOT of times I'm done within a half hour and "rarely" past 11am.

11:00am to 2:00pm (ET) - Errands and whatever else I need to do to support my home biz.

Then the rest of the afternoons and weekends are free usually. In the summertime, I allocate ALOT MORE FREE TIME! :lol:

But, I tell you what ... I realize that I am very fortunate to be working for myself. I value my "free time" and while I initially had to work alot of hours, I have NO regrets at all.

I'm not where I want to be financially yet, but I'm getting closer every week. AND ... I'm having a BLAST doing it! :mrgreen:

My nickel anyway ...

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
Last edited by CorpRebel on Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CorpRebel

It depends

Postby KathleenGageSpeaker » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:11 pm

My schedule fluctuates from day to day. I have several divisions of my company.

1. Internet product development
2. Internet marketing
3. Authorship of books (other than eBooks)
4. Publishing house
5. Keynote speaking and corporate training

I do some consulting but have phased out of most of that due to time constraints.

When I am on the road speaking I work more hours. I consider my time in route (travel to airport, flight, shuttles) all part of my work schedule.

When in town my time is used primarily to write books and market on the Internet. I like the freedom selling products online allows me in generating consistent revenues.

Recently, I have increased my hours due to launching my next book via the Internet on May 2nd. Lots of backend work to make sure things run smoothly the day of the launch.

Other times, I can work only a few hours a day or take several days at once off. I also enjoy the flexibility of getting together with business associates for lunch and coffee when the mood strikes.

Kathleen Gage
KathleenGageSpeaker

Postby geraelindsey » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:54 pm

I usually work between 3 to 4 hours a day - 4 days a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending upon how many projects I am working on. Since I homeschool my kids, I do a lot of my work at night but I do check emails in the afternoon. When I first started my business, I worked WAY more - at least 6 to 7 hours a day and usually every day of the week. I have learned to better manage my time and give myself days off. My business hours state I am open Tuesday-Friday, 10am to 3pm so I try to be available for answering emails and calls during this time, but I do most of the actual work in the evenings and at night after the kids are in bed.
geraelindsey

Postby sugarrae » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:26 am

>>>off topic<<<

Gerae, you're in Utah now?

>>>on topic<<<

Like Lynn, in the beginning, I was working 12-16 hour days. Also, with no help whatsoever with three kids underfoot. It was tough, but I'll never regret it. At this point, some days I work 12 hours and other days not at all. I also have a nanny who comes in M-F full time so I can actually get things done and the kids can actually have someone get them lunch at noon, not at one after 10 times of saying "one more minute guys" while I finished up something. I'm a single mom, so I try and be pretty flexible about my working hours. When I *need* to get something done or have a lot swamping me, I go in my office and close the door for the whole workday. If I'm feeling lazy, I work from the couch and get half as much done in the same time. ;-)

Bottomline is that I still work a lot, but I really love what I do. :)
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby geraelindsey » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:37 am

Hey! Yes, we just moved. Dear sweet hubby decided to go back and finish school and chose Logan, Utah. It's very cold here. I am freezing my tail off, totally not used to this weather. It was here or Tucson, not sure what's worse - freezing or melting.
geraelindsey

Postby Cartman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:49 pm

God, I'm jealous of all of you guys with your short work schedules.. Since we're not really an affiliate, but actually sell our own products (and therefore have to deal with order fulfillment, shipping, credit cards, etc), it's a bit more labor-intense.

I quit my full-time job last year, when the time commitment just became too great. As it is, I probably work 8-10 hours a day, 6 days a week. Once we get to that next level, I'll be able to hire additional staff to take the burden off of myself.
Cartman

Next

Return to Home Office Talk