[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Make Mine to Grow: Building Your Solo Business to Outgrow Yo • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Make Mine to Grow: Building Your Solo Business to Outgrow Yo

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Make Mine to Grow: Building Your Solo Business to Outgrow Yo

Postby webturtle » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:54 pm

A new article is out from SOHO It Goes! that might be informative for all you home office businesses :)

Many solo entrepreneurs choose to curtail their businesses growth for the purpose of lifestyle. Others have visions of expansion right from the start. Being the only person in a business, wearing all of the hats, is just a stepping stone to increased prosperity. What steps can you take now if you plan to expand your business some day?

Enjoy!

Eileen 'Turtle' Parzek
Last edited by webturtle on Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
webturtle

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:00 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:21 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:58 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:57 pm

Well, I may have been a tad cryptic...

By "eventually", I mean within two years' time. One year would be wonderful, but fairly unrealistic, I would think.

Currently, WAHumor does not have a business plan. Lately I've started to see a definite need for it, especially to pursue any form of financing. Developing one may prove somewhat challenging, so any help would be VERY appreciated!

I would like the newsletter and website (who knows - maybe a blog!) to produce a sufficient income to be completely independent so as to further develop the overall concept. I believe that $2000.00 per month would be sufficient.

My intention is that the newsletter become the largest of its kind in the North American and European markets, with a print newsletter
aggressively launched within the second year to immediately impact the offline market. The website would diversify into other venues such as a dedicated associate program site and a licensed proprietary cartoon site marketing said cartoons for display on others' sites.

How all this will be accomplished is still under consideration. Some possible avenues include linking with many more major websites, aggressively pursuing both cross-promotional and joint venture opportunities, publication in all applicable offline vehicles and mainstream ones, distribution of bumper stickers, etc.

Again, I'm all ears on this too!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:36 pm

Hey Dan...

Have you checked out http://www.bplans.com/ :?:

Great site!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby onlineleben » Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:43 am

Although the title of this thread sounded something spammy (like most of the emails subject lines I get every day), my interest was raised and i don't regret having looked into it.
For my main websites I started out with a detailed plan about goals to achieve for the next 2 years. I logged everything that related to my site, created and monitored budgets etc. Finally I stopped doing all this work since I had other things (sites) in mind. Traffic to the main project and income deteriorated but I didn't see it early enough as I had a new focus. The worst thing is, that I didn't create plans for the new sites as detailed as the ones for the initial projects. Another source of possible failure.

Finding the article linked in the first post was like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, as it brought me back on track. Also the link in the last post to bplans com was helpful.
Thanks to this forum I hopefully bring my sites back on target.
onlineleben

Postby webturtle » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:57 am

Hi,

I'm pleased to hear that this article was so helpful to you! I also changed the title to hopefully not seem so spammy :)

I am working on an upcoming newsletter article which speaks about business planning again and does a quicky review/recommendation of a suite of products that might be helpful to those of you who are doing that now or in the future. I haven't compared it to bplan.com - that will be something I need to do!

Here is a sneak peek of what I wrote.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The hardest part of planning a business is starting with a blank computer screen. I should know – that is what I faced when I decided that SOHO It Goes! was going to be an intentional business, unlike my first venture. I’ve systematically grown the business by following that plan, but I’ve often hesitated to encourage other businesses to do the same because it was such a grueling process the way I did it. I really believe it is important and that micro businesses and solo entrepreneurs can benefit greatly from a plan even if they are not looking for a loan. A plan is extremely important if you want to succeed – and we all want that, right? The end DOES justify the means, but it has not been easy to convince people to take the time to do it.

I recently learned there is a better way than writing a business plan from scratch: the . As I poured over their many products, I thought I would write a review about the product but found myself simply overwhelmed by all the available information. So, with my mini-review, I hope that whether you have already attempted a business plan for your business, or have put it off, you at least check it out to see the features for yourself. I might redo my entire business and marketing plan just to be sure I did not leave anything out, as I’m sure I did.

Think of it this way - instead of that blank screen, you can write a business plan with a screen full of options and just turn off the ones you do not need. and all of the other JIAN products integrate with Microsoft Office. The planning process starts out with planning tools, surveys, and assessments. It includes complete plan prototypes for the most common types of businesses – making it much easier to edit something that is already written correctly than start from scratch. Each plan contains a complete outline of every possible business and marketing plan section you could ever need, and you simply turn on and off the parts, you do not need.

What I especially like is that it guides you through the toughest part (for me, anyway!) – the financials. There are three levels of financial plans, depending on your needs (seeking venture capital, loans, or not). It includes dozens of intricately entwined financial spreadsheets and supporting documents, which automatically calculate and update themselves throughout the business plan. In addition, the product comes with forms, letters, templates, supporting documents such as non-disclosure agreements, cover letters to banks, press release, feedback surveys – and tons more.

Since I was only making a quick review fly by of the product, I didn't delve into deeply but what I saw was impressive in that it provides so much to start with, which you can customize to your own needs, and TONS of guidance. But what really blew my mind was the price – you get all of these things, plus $700 worth of additional information, advice, e-books, and other downloadable goodies, for only $99.00! Even the most cash strapped start up business would love that price. And, in addition to the Biz Plan Builder, there is a Marketing Plan Builder, Publicity Builder, and sets of business agreements you can purchase and use, too.

$99.00 for a fully loaded business planning tool – it doesn't do it all for you, and it still takes work, but it eliminates the most common excuses for not planning your business!
webturtle

Return to Home Office Talk