[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Do They Take You Seriously Now? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Do They Take You Seriously Now?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Do They Take You Seriously Now?

Postby womaninbiz » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:57 pm

womaninbiz

Postby PattyGale » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:17 am

I think this really depends on the individual. My in-laws, for example, really don't understand what it is that I "do", yet they know I work from home. I am not accountable to them, so I do not go into great depths trying to explain it, but they are not the questionning type.

My husband, on the other hand, has always been supportive of my business. However, until you are actually earning an income, it can be challenging for a spouse to keep believing if they are not directly involved with what you are doing, especially over an extended period of time.

I know how challenging it is to keep on believing for me, and I'm in the midst of it all. Now that my business is starting to see "fruit", my husband is starting to come up with his own ideas, too!

My husband, my sons and my daughter are the only people who I am really concerned with regarding the opinions of my business.

Hope that helps!

Patty
PattyGale

Postby womaninbiz » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:43 am

Dear Pat,

thank you for responding. I am currently receiving an income from my business, I was just speaking about others that I have heard express this concern and even myself in the beginning before I was bringing in an income a lot of people as you mentioned didn't "understand" what I did :-)

Now that I have an income coming in, hubby doesn't consider it playing on the computer anymore, especially since my business is soley virtually based.

I think at anything you do, you have to work at it for a time before you start to see results. I just wanted to hear some of the obstacles that people who are just beginning or even who have been working for a while now and still aren't earning an income are doing.

It's during the time when you aren't earning that some people start to doubt their own business especially when they've been at it for a while and they give up to early and do not defend or speak about their business as confidently when others ask about it.
womaninbiz

Postby stephfoster » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:35 pm

My inlaws have more respect for my business now that I'm earning good money from it, but every couple months they quietly ask my husband if things are still going ok for me. He loves being able to tell them "YES!"
stephfoster

Return to Home Office Talk