[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What would you buy on the internet? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What would you buy on the internet?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby mia » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:27 pm

Hi Lori,

I just lo-o-ove online shopping. I buy chocolates, gourmet tea, computer stuff including computer itself, clothes, shoes, cosmetics, herbs, vitamins, fitness equipment, books and much more.
By the way, people also buy designer sunglasses onine (I manage online sunglasses store) :wink:

From my experience, free shipping always works. We offer a free shipping ocasionally and have significantly more sales then.

When I shop online I usually use Google and Froogle (a lot). If you haven’t done so consider listing your products on Froogle: it will bring you nice free traffic.

Good luck with your business!

Mia
mia

Me too!

Postby wordmuse » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:05 pm

I buy lots of stuff online - especially digital (I don't have the patience to wait for a CD).

I buy...

books
music
*some* electronics
office supplies

We've bought groceries - Albertson's is OK but they charge a lot for delivery where we live. (And of course, there's no impulse buying - which is both good and bad, depending on your frame of mind at the time).

Free delivery is a nice-to-have, but it's not a make-or-break unless unreasonable.

Speed of delivery is important to me, too. I mean from order to fulfillment to delivery. If two businesses have 3 day shipping but company A takes 5 days to fulfill while company B takes only 2, if I know this and if all other things are equal, I'll likely be going with company B.

I don't buy most electronics locally because if they break, I like having a local vendor that I can talk with at length if necessary. I can get a broken computer to CompUSA in about a half hour - no way to do that with some outfit in another city.

I've bought video tapes and DVDs from eBay, but I always check the feedback. Anything under 99% in the past 3 months is a red flag to me. Then it's a matter of my willingness to accept the risks.

For used books - check out half.com and addall.com too.

Regards,
Bal
wordmuse
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:59 pm

This was such a good thread - glad to see new posts here!

To keep it going, in the last month I have purchased the following online (and this is just what I can remember):

-
-
-
-
-
- a geeky tank top
- a new

And I am about to purchase a and another . And like I said, that's just what I can remember off the top of my head, LOL!

(those are links to my blog posts where I talk about the items, btw ;) )
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby neverlandmall » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:12 am

Thanks for all of the responses to my question, What would you buy online. It is very interesting to see what people do buy online. I've noticed Amazon has come up a few times. I admin that I am an Amazon junkie. Because I sell on Amazon, I have learned that it is a price war. The only way to sell on Amazon is to be the lowest price. That's not great for me on the selling side, but I sure take advantage of it on the buying side. I too buy lot's of travel online. We just got back from a great time at Disneyland (for my daughters 3rd birthday) and did the whole thing online through Walt Disney Travel and a lot of perks were includes. Keep up the comments! They are great! We do have more shopping tips on Neverlandmall.com in the blog section. Thanks Lynn! Your site keeps the info flowing.
neverlandmall

Is price really the main thing?

Postby wordmuse » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:25 pm

wordmuse
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Home Office Talk