[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I have to VENT • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I have to VENT

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

I have to VENT

Postby MommyEnterprises » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:04 pm

I can officially say that Herwebhost stinks.

I have had nonstop problems with them ever since I joined them. I have hung in there because the business is WAHM owned.

Well in the last 3 days I have been charged 12 times to my personal account instead of my business account.

I have another problem pending too with a site being DOWN. Emailed support over 4 days ago.

I will keep the current sites where they are but won't register any new accounts with them.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
MommyEnterprises

Just a suggestion here Stephani

Postby DeadInToIt » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:28 pm

Hi Stephani,

Just something to consider here:

If your sites/domains are primarily portals (Content with links to your deals) and you have your data backed up on your local system, changing hosting services shouldn't take much effort.

However, if you're running a lot of CGI scripts, that can be time consuming reconfiguring for the new host setting.

I make -0- $'s if you take advantage of what this company offers. I am a master reseller but only host for people in my organization. Better if you go direct.

I have been with OLM since "97". I currently host 23 domains including my own. It has been literally trouble free. 24 hour toll free tech support and a very responsive trouble ticket system should you ever need it. I have used their support on a few occassions when I was new at this. (During peak hours it may take a while to get support on the line but at least they do get to you and they have good muzak :lol:

Their bottom rate is $6.95/mo. Pretty buffed out for what you pay.

You can become a reseller at $49.95/mo, 2 Gigs of space (hmmmm maybe that is 1.5) and have all the domains you want at $5.00/mo. Or set up sub domains www.sub.YourMainDomain.com.

They have a toll free number you can call and stick'm with the hard questions. I think you will like what you hear.

Again, just a suggestion. Hope this helps.
DeadInToIt

Postby astracker » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:45 am

Another good host is AQHost. It's not WAHM owned, but it gives great support at a low price and is a small business so you get personal support from the real techs and not a "customer service rep" who doesn't have any hardware knowlege. They also include Fantastico, which is an application that installs dozens of other scripts (forums, help tickets, chat scripts, etc) for free and with ease. Their plans start at $7 a month.
astracker

Postby neverlandmall » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:03 pm

My FAVORITE webhoster is http://bannerview.com.
I think they offer the most amazing personal service. One time I did have a problem, and they had it fixed in 5 minutes. *smiles*
neverlandmall

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:51 pm

I am still waiting for my money to be returned to me.

No response from support :(
MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:17 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Getting your money back

Postby neverlandmall » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:45 am

neverlandmall

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:17 pm

I have to say that I changed hosting companies. One can only deal with some many problems. Its now almost a month later and they still haven't refunded my money. So sad................
MommyEnterprises

Return to Home Office Talk