[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Accounting Software • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Accounting Software

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Accounting Software

Postby heather2 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:49 pm

For those who do their own bookkeeping, what software do you use? I know some that use Microsoft Money and others who use a Quicken version.

Do you like what you use and would you advise others to use it as well?

Thanks!
Heather
heather2

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:42 am

I've used Quickbooks Pro for over 8 years now - and I love it! :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby SBSbookkeeping » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:16 pm

Hi Heather,

I wouldn’t really recommend Quicken or MS Money for a business – they are really more for personal finances. Quickbooks is by far the most popular accounting software for small to medium-sized businesses. It is very user-friendly, and has an “interview” process to help you set up your company file, and comes with a variety of pre-set, industry-specific chart of accounts. And their help section is pretty complete. I would recommend either the Basic or Pro edition (the Simple Start program they came out with recently didn’t get very good reviews). You can look at their website here: http://www.quickbooks.intuit.com , and if you scroll down a bit to the middle of the page, you can click on a button to compare the different versions.

If you decide to buy it though, I wouldn’t order it directly from them. Do a search and compare prices. I know Amazon.com has the 2005 Pro version for $179. They are just getting ready to roll out the 2006 version, so 2005 has come down in price a bit.

Hope this helps!

Lynne
SBSbookkeeping

Postby heather2 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:08 pm

Thanks guys! That helps. Lynne, that's some great insight. I really appreciate it!

Heather
heather2

Postby Todd Sumrall » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:24 pm

Hello,

I thought I would let you know if you would like a FREE copy of a full version (not academic or limited in features) QuickBooks Pro 2005 ($399 value) and QuickBooks Merchant Services with NO setup fees ($59.95 savings) and $5/mo off the monthly fee ($12.95 vs. $17.95)
I can arrange exactly this for you.

This is an excellent opportunity to get the latest QuickBooks Pro software for FREE. QuickBooks Merchant Services has NO cancellation fee and overall one of the best rate structures available today. If you are not 100% satisfied with the merchant services simply cancel. There is no penalty. I won't ask for the software back either. It's yours to keep.

It's the exact same account advertised at quickbooks.com and the same software sold at quickbooks.com. However you have to go through my office to get both the free software and lower rates. Visit and call. US only
http://TotalProcessing.com

Listen, no out of pocket expenses, no cancellation fees and we will even ship the software to you for free. What do you have to lose? You'll love the integration for credit card processing, hours saved by not having to do double entry, and very soon, the web site integration that's coming.

Oh yea, as of a couple weeks ago, Authorize.net and QuickBooks work together. We can provide Authorize.net too.

I hope this post is fitting for the subject at hand. If not, please delete and accept my apologies.

Thanks,

Todd

P.S. QuickBooks Pro 2006 is out now. However we have not been given the ok as of yet to give it away. I assume they want to sell a bunch of it first. So get 2005 now and don't wait anymore.
Todd Sumrall

Postby emeradyl » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:14 am

emeradyl

Postby McRalphe » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:16 am

any freeware accounting programs around?
McRalphe

Postby bookscanning.com » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:18 am

bookscanning.com

Postby ChristyK » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:16 am

I'm using Peachtree. I originally chose it because its lower price and ability to handle inventory. I really like it but have experience in accounting so I'm not sure how someone without that experience would feel about it. I bought it off half.ebay.com at an awesome discount.

As far as free programs but searching for 'open source accounting' brought up a lot of options. It seems I remember someone creating software that was geared towards IM financial record keeping. I'll have to keep an eye open for it.

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

For meager needs

Postby Warren Contreras » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:48 pm

Warren Contreras

Return to Home Office Talk