[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How do you stay motivated? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How do you stay motivated?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

How do you stay motivated?

Postby KathleenGageSpeaker » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:35 pm

Wondering what people do to stay motivated when the challenges of your home based business becoming overwhelming?

Would love to compile the comments in a report.

Kathleen
KathleenGageSpeaker

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:37 am

Stay de-motivated long enough to go broke... which motivates you to get back to work :lol:

I'm kidding ;)

Honestly, I LOVE what I do... so the drive is there. Has been for almost 9 years now, without fail. My income is much more passive now, so I dont actually have to work 5 days a week - or even more than a couple of hours a day. That said, I still find myself 'motivated' and so I research new ideas, continue tweaking my marketing strategy, write new content & articles, etc - because I enjoy it. Which I think is a major key to motivation.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MarketingSyndrome » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:36 pm

MarketingSyndrome

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:15 pm

That's true. And I didnt think to mention it when I replied earlier. but one that I keep handy is - an old classic. I've read it more than once, but I keep it close so that I can scan through it over lunch... or just focus in on a particular chapter. I find it completely motivating - like a strong cup of coffee! I can read a bit of that and it really gets me in gear ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanks for the input

Postby KathleenGageSpeaker » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:03 am

KathleenGageSpeaker

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:54 pm

Jeff Casmer

Postby womaninbiz » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:02 pm

womaninbiz

Postby Hopedoer » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:55 pm

Hopedoer

Postby johndilbeck » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:15 am

As others have said, I love what I'm doing.

When you can blur the line between work and play, life is more enjoyable.

I'm earning enough passive income now that I can pretty much take time off when I want to or need to. If I need to take a day off to take Mom to see her doctors, it's no problem. If I just want to sleep extra, again, no problem.

Like Lynn, I've read Think and Grow Rich many times and I almost always find something in it that gives me more insight into something and to inspire me to do something about it.

If I get tired or overwhelmed, I take some time to listen to good music or play one of my banjos or guitars. I can feel the stress drain away.

And, now that I'm an old geezer, I've come to appreciate a good nap in the middle of the afternoon.

All the best,

JD
johndilbeck

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:11 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Pac-n-Seal.com » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:17 pm

How do I stay motivated?

1. I truly enjoy and love what I do.

2. The thought of living on the street and starving is a great motivator! :)

3. The idea of working for someone else scares me.

4. I did commercial refrigeration for 7/11 for years and the thought of working 12 to 18 hours a day for someone else is simply just not appealing to me.

I averaged 75 hours a week and drove 50,000 miles a year plus working for someone else. I decided that if I'm going to work that hard it would be for me.

Without a doubt, it is not always easy to stay motivated but it beats the hell out of the alternative!
Pac-n-Seal.com

Postby sweetcupcakebyjen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:43 pm

I think it's important to remember that no matter how much you love what you do, it is still a job and won't always be the focus of your life-- and that's okay!

I'm thankful that my job offers me so much flexibility. When I'm not as passionate about work, I'm able to focus on my family and home without a major effect. I'm NOT going to be fired or reprimanded for a bad week! How liberating! Just reminding myself of that helps me get RE-motivated. I love what I do and I'm good at it, but I don't want to do it all the time. I really think it's a 'count your blessings' thing.

~ I think now it's time to stop working for the day and go play in the leaves with my daughter. I don't know if I offered any relevant advice, but I hope I provided something for you!
sweetcupcakebyjen

Great feedback

Postby KathleenGageSpeaker » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:03 am

Thanks to all who gave input. My challenge is not being undermotivated, but overly motivated :D

I enjoy connecting with others who love what they do and do it well.

I also know that keeping a balance is essential to continuing to have the energy to stay motivated.

Thanks again to all.

Kathleen
KathleenGageSpeaker

Being overly motivated...

Postby johndilbeck » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:41 pm

johndilbeck

Highly motivated

Postby KathleenGageSpeaker » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:06 am

KathleenGageSpeaker

Next

Return to Home Office Talk