[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Radio Interviews from the Home Office • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Radio Interviews from the Home Office

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:02 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:33 am

Hooooray!!

Home Office Talk is back among the living!

The rest of the forum is looking good too.

When I have time to catch a breath, I'll be back!

Dan Reinhold
www.WAHumor.com
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Anita DeFrank » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:47 pm

Anita DeFrank

Postby wahmjennie » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:04 pm

wahmjennie

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:08 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby LuckyMommy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:59 pm

I'm listening to it now :) Thanks for the link. I'm ADDICTED to internet talk radio. I have to listen to talk radio or music when I'm working. :D
LuckyMommy

Postby shelwriter » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:38 pm

shelwriter

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:46 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

A new internet radio funny...

Postby webturtle » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:17 am

Was just re-reading this thread, and laughing out loud -- got a new story for you. I was on the Entrepreneur Magazine's Entrepreneur Hour a few months ago also. And I found out the day before that I had to have a land line to make the call. Well, I have a cell phone that is my primary office # and no landline installed in the apartment at all. So I called my landlord and asked if I could use his phone at the appointed time. He said sure, no problem. Shortly before the show, I went downstairs and couldn't find anything except cordless phones and gave him a quick ring at work and he said "OH! you didnt' say it had to have a cord!" I was in a panic - clock was ticking - and then I remembered that there was a handset attached to the fax machine I plugged into his phone line downstairs (my landlord is a friend, can you tell?). I went into the small room where that is and was overpowered by the most NOXIOUS smell of cat piss and poop you ever smelled. :shock: He has three cats, and the litter box is in that room. Anyway, to make a long story short, I did the entire interview in that room, eyes watering and fighting a gag reflex, using a handset with a cord that was about six inches long. No one would ever imagine...
webturtle

Postby PattyGale » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:57 am

Great topic!

I've done two radio interviews so far. One was for a taped show this past fall, so the timing was flexible. We scheduled it for after my daughter was asleep at night.

Yesterday, I did my very first live (yikes!) interview with Cheryl Demas from Wahm.com on WorldTalkRadio. The producer had just contacted me the day before to see if I was available, so I didn't have much time to prepare, but there was no way I was turning it down.

We just moved to Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago and yes, it's cold. So, the interview was scheduled for 2:15 my time. O.K.. What to do with my 3 year old (who hasn't napped since "forever") in the middle of the afternoon so that I could do this uninterupted.

Oh, yea.. and did I mention? My cell phone is now my only phone... and I highly do not recommend Nextel (I'm calling them NextNot) these days. I have never had so many dropped calls in my life... not just here, but where we used to live, too.

Anyway, so I've got a 3 year old, an unreliable cell service and my first live interview. Oh yea.. I'm not nervous!

I knew they only way I was going to get the best connection was by standing outside....mind you it's something like 22 degrees outside.

We have a patio with an outlet outside, so I take my cell and my charger and plug it in. Remember the 22 degrees?
Well, I wind up doing this live interview in my ski jacket, mittens and scarf standing outside on the patio with my cell charger plugged in praying that the connection would stay connected. Yes, it started to snow. Yes, it was a 20 minute interview.

My daughter was fine. I started explaining to her the day before that "Mommy has a very important phone call and that she could absolutely not interrupt and that when the call was over, she and I would do something special."

So, there I was doing my very first live interview standing outside on the patio, in the snow, on the cell phone, in the freezing Wisconsin cold, "bribing" my daughter so she wouldn't interrupt. The interview went fine and the call never dropped (thank goodness!)

It was great!!!! And definitely something I'll never forget.

Patty
PattyGale

Previous

Return to Home Office Talk