[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Wroking at home & taking care of the kids • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Wroking at home & taking care of the kids

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby womaninbiz » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:12 pm

Dear Karish,

why don't you designate a specific day to promoting your business and then that way you know that on Wednesday or Fridays are your days to promote your business for as long as the children will allow.

Designate specific days for specific tasks and stick to it, if you can.

Scharlene
womaninbiz

Postby Rembrandt » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:16 pm

I win!! 6 kids who, as I sit typing this evening, are systematically destroying my living room (and my sanity); and the baby is hanging on my leg, crying for mommy's attention. But it's my fault for breaking my number one rule: Stick to predetermined work hours (when kids are in school, and/or napping, or late at night/early morning when everyone is asleep).

So, I'll sign off until my regularly scheduled office hours (and will look forward to reading about how others work around this issue).
Rembrandt

Postby legraves » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:37 pm

legraves

Routines for me!

Postby NitaB » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:25 pm

Wow,
A lot of good advice has already been given! As a mother to 4 children ages 7-13 routines are a part of our life. I try to work mostly during the day when they are at school but I do have 2 nights that I have conference calls. Usually they are busy doing homework and preparing for bed during that time but if they get out of line there are consequences.
I am also a HUGE Flylady fan and her system helps me stay on track.
Her website is www.flylady.net It works for me.
NitaB

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:33 pm

I love FlyLady's concept (FLY = Finally Loving Yourself)!

She has a great style, and a terrific message. Motivating many to happier lives, without a doubt! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

This has been an interesting discussion!

Postby Mom-Defrazzler » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:53 pm

I've enjoyed reading your replies and getting ideas of my own.

I also homeschool my two kids (11 and 12) and I've been working from home for about 3 years. I try and get through e-mails etc., first thing in the morning, and then I schedule work hours a couple of afternoons a week. If I really need some concentrated space, I rent a movie for the kids, but for the most part, I've raised them to be very independant.

My husband is also brilliant. I try not to work evenings unless he's out so we can have time together (we're rather busy in the evenings, otherwise) but he usually gives me Saturday mornings without kids, and more time if I need it. I try not to abuse the privilege.

If your kids are very small, try training them to leave you alone for 15 minutes at a time, and then gradually increase it. Have special toys (even "office toys") that come out just at the time you need to work and ONLY for that time. You could also save "screen" time for just this time.

Above all, don't lose hope, work in small steps, and be as organized as you can with how you spend your time on the computer.

Blessings!

Darlene
Mom-Defrazzler

Postby Jeff Casmer » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:19 am

Jeff Casmer

Previous

Return to Home Office Talk