This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Looking for contact manager that keeps history by individual

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby ChristyK » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:16 am

Thanks, Todd, for the suggestion. But since posting the question I found the book called "Take Back Your Life" which explains all that Outlook can do and how to put it to best use. I love it!

However... Eileen! Your (business) life has been taken :shock: ! I'm sitting here getting stressed and nauseous just hearing what you've gone through. What a totally bizarre and terrifying thing to happen. I'm wondering, Should I look to see if my backup is on the disk? But then you said you actually looked at the file and the disk space used on your disk. Parallel universe? Wow, makes you wonder. You had your backup disks as well as your newly purchased backup system? And it wasn't on either! Thank goodness you at least found what you had on your treo. But I'm so sorry for all the years of hard work and effort you've put into structuring your list. :(

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Postby webturtle » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:37 am

Yes, yes, and yes. I had three separate back ups and visually eye balled at least 2 of them. The third, admittedly, I didn't verify recently - but with the others, I actually saw a file called outlook.pst on the drive and it was just under a Gig. My understanding is that the limit it 1.6 gig so I always archive it down from there - scary that only 6 months of mail and data could be that big, isn't it? :roll:

I honestly have no clue what happened - it boggles the mind. :shock:

Thank you, for your sympathy. But get this: First, my mentor and dear friend who taught me everything I know about relational database development (15+ years ago), died suddenly two weeks ago at the age of 58. Her memorial was held on the night I was launching the largest database driven web site I'd ever been responsible for building. And, then, a few days later, I lose the biggest database of my life.

[insert twilight zone tune]

Makes ya wonder, eh? Me, being the metaphysical woo woo girl that I am, had to take note of THIS trip!
webturtle

Previous

Return to Home Office Talk