[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - High Speed Frustrations • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

High Speed Frustrations

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

High Speed Frustrations

Postby americanwahm » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:45 pm

I've been scrappin' with my internet service provider since the holidays. My upload speed is non-existent and they have changed out all of my equipment to no avail. They stopped trying with a "you must have interference in your neighborhood" excuse and stopped trying to get it to work.

It's wireless internet and it worked fine for about two years before this.

I'm at the end of my patience - DSL is not and will not be available in my neighborhood becuase I am too far out of town.

So I'm back to having to order cable - or use satalite.

Does anyone have any experience with Direct TV satalite internet? I'm worried about the reliability. When it storms I lose TV - so I'm guessing that means you lose your internet too?

I would love to hear opinions.
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Steve MacLellan » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:56 am

Steve MacLellan

Postby PattyGale » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:03 am

I don't have any experience with the satellite internet as we use cable, which I have never had a problem with.

The DSL out here was terrible. The phone lines are so old that they couldn't hold the connection for longer than a couple of hours. (explained to me by the phone company, too)

With cable, we have Road Runner and I've never had a speed issue.
PattyGale

Postby swapselltradecom » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:32 pm

swapselltradecom

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:32 pm

I second the cable vote. I've had satellite, DSL, and cable and I won't switch unless I move out of the service area.
Jennifer Hadorn

Postby americanwahm » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:18 pm

americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:08 pm

Hi!

I also would say to go with cable if you can "swing it". I believe cable to be the most dependable broadband access available. NOT the least expensive, though. I need the dependability that cable has been offering me and I use dial-up ONLY as a backup.

As Steve mentioned ... If you look into satellite, check what their DL & UL speeds are ... They vary. The people I know that use satellite are mostly in out-of-the-way places, as that's ALL they can get if they want Internet access. Weather can affect satellite access.

Hope things work out for you!

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby mindykoch » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:03 pm

I have used Cable for years.. would never consider anything else.

I have used roadrunner, cox communications, and comcast... all have been excellent.

Mindy Koch
mindykoch

Postby mlmblonde » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:23 pm

I would pick the cable everytime. Only experince I had with Satellite is when cruising ..and it is SLOW SLOW SLOW ... 10 times slower than dial up if you can imagine. I hear lots of complaints from people with DSL

I've had high speed cable for years and most of the time it's up ... once in a blue moon they have a glitch but it's usually back within a few minutes.

Not sure where you are but many ares offer the phone, cable and tv in one combo pack

Diane
mlmblonde

Postby MarketingSyndrome » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:28 am

MarketingSyndrome

Return to Home Office Talk