[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - XP Service Pack 2 • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

XP Service Pack 2

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

XP Service Pack 2

Postby cindyph » Tue May 31, 2005 8:24 pm

The last time i tried to load the it took out my internet and I had to uninstall it.

I haven't been brave enough to try to reinstall it although I know I must.

Has anyone any suggestions as to why it messed up teh internet and what I could do about it.

Cindy
cindyph

Postby Ruud » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:23 am

Here are some resources which might be helpful:

Does your PC connect directly to the Internet or are you on a local network? Have you checked if new, updated drivers exist for your modem, ethernet card?
Ruud

Postby cindyph » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:21 pm

Where do you check for updates to the ethernet card?

I didn't know there was such a thing.

I don't know how old the card is. As I got the computer from someone else. It's an Emachine.

I'm on cable modem and that's only 3 mos. old

Cindy
cindyph

Postby SebastianSerg » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:11 pm

Had similar problem my e-drivers were not sp2 compatible.
SebastianSerg

Postby cindyph » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:09 am

So is it a big deal if I can't load this SP2?

My grandson says I must have it.

Someone told me if i send for disk it loads better. Anyone have experience with the disk?

Just don't know what to do.

Cindy
cindyph

Postby SebastianSerg » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:48 pm

The program is the program no matter how you get it:-)
Sp2 is not bad, but if you really face any difficulties with drivers or installing- it's not worth that..
SebastianSerg

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:00 pm

I have a friend who is the head of the I.T. dept. at a small private school. When I told her all the problems I had with SP2, her response was more or less, "What did you do a fool thing like download that for?" By then I had uninstalled it and things are OK, but it was a major mess while it was installed and while I was getting rid of it.

Why would you need it when things work fine without it and don't work at all with it?

I know people said at first that if it messed something up, you shouldn't be running that program anyway, but somehow it messed everything up!

And the computer runs fine without it.

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby stephfoster » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:26 pm

We had installed SP2 on my sister's computer back when it came out. Big mistake. We had to start all over, lost everything we couldn't load onto a memory stick (over and over) while in Safe Mode (can't burn CDs or go online in Safe Mode).

Unfortunately, Microsoft claimed recently that they aren't going to support computers without SP2 much longer. I haven't had problems so far, but I guess sometime in the future the updates they send aren't supposed to work for non-SP2 machines. Typical!
stephfoster

Postby SebastianSerg » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:41 pm

SebastianSerg

Return to Home Office Talk