[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What is your DREAM Home Office? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What is your DREAM Home Office?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

What is your DREAM Home Office?

Postby webturtle » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:48 am

Last night I added a ton of products to my store around the concept of dream home offices - unless we're very lucky, we usually all have a concept of our 'next home office.'

So that got me thinking - what's yours?
webturtle

Postby VacationGuy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:55 pm

I had a dream the other night that I had space ship style recliners with keyboards on the arms facing a wall with 50" screens on it. There was a fridge microwave combo at my elbow, and pull out filing cabinets under the seats.
VacationGuy

Postby americanwahm » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:00 pm

I would love a new desk that doesn't snag my good clothes ;)

I just got a kickin' new computer so that's all good.

I would like fresh paint, new flooring (wood) and some amazing storage solutions.

Add satTV and I'm a happy gal :)
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Sandra » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:00 pm

Great topic....I love to dream!

As I walk into my new office I see a spacious, inviting room, the carpet is a light gray and the walls are painted a dark maroon. There's artwork on the walls, my own black & white photographs and mixed media paintings.

There's a large wood desk and a huge separate bookcase for all for my books and binders. On my desk there's a 21" flat panel screen for my brand new PC, which is in an enclosed space in the desk (I hate to hear the hum of the computer). There's a laptop that I use while traveling stored in one of the cabinet spaces. A separate furniture unit holds all of my CDs and stereo.

I sit down at my desk in a comfortable ergonomic desk chair. I gaze out a window that overlooks an inground swimming pool in the backyard (while we're dreaming.:D) In one corner of the room is a lounge chair or recliner with a footstool and small side table. This is a place of sanctuary for reading and reflection.

(Ahhhh....now I'm inspired! I think I'll print out this post and paste it in my journal. :D )

Sandra
Sandra
Elite Member

Postby americanwahm » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:23 am

americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Sandra » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:13 am

Sandra
Elite Member

Postby kev » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:03 pm

kev
Elite Member

Postby LuckyMommy » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:55 pm

LuckyMommy

Postby stephfoster » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:24 pm

stephfoster

Postby Baggs » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:10 pm

Baggs

Postby sugarrae » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:10 pm

I've been spending more and more time in Canada lately, which means I've been helping my guy spruce up the office at his house which I spend a lot of time in (like right now)... we just bought a few new computers and a new flatscreen TV for the office today and had to do a lot of rearranging, so it was funny that I saw this topic today... right now, it pretty much has everything I want in an office. the office overlooks the living room, so I can see the kids down below while they play.
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:15 am

Dang, Rae!!

Is that a home office or a NASA command center???

My buddy CorpRebel once answered a similar question with a picture worth well over a thousand words. I couldn't track it down, though...

It included design features VacationGuy may have overlooked.

My ideal home office?

One to which an entire room is dedicated would be really great!

Right now, it's IN a room...with a chest freezer (in case you have a hot chest), the dog's pen (or family-away- time behavioral aid) and the kitty box.

Oh yeah...and one otherwise good all-in-one that doesn't like my new computer and refuses to cooperate. :? :roll:

Ideally, it would have all the neat stuff...state-of-the-art computer system, excellent super-efficient and organized storage and best of all...

...someone else to use all of it as I direct!!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby sugarrae » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:55 am

Dan, you literally made me spit out my water when I read that. :P
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:37 am

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby stephfoster » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:57 pm

stephfoster

Next