[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What is your DREAM Home Office? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What is your DREAM Home Office?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:05 pm

Great topic!

My ideal office would have a built-in bookshelf on one wall that also holds a 27" tv. A large oak desk, solid with deep drawers with a nice globe and then several large wall maps. I would want a large deep burgundy office chair and a few more chairs - perhaps two and then a loveseat and coffee table. A couple of large windows with a great view too, of course!

That's been my 'dream office' for awhile now, though I have to say that I really love the set up I have here at the new place. Before the move I had my office in a separate room, but it was in the center of the house and a high traffic area. Perfect for managing the home with 2 children and Grandmother while working... but *very* distracting :shock: lol.

I moved into a conservative 3 bedroom brick home in a quiet neighborhood... and I thought very hard about where I wanted to set up my office here. I finally settled on the master bedroom - for complete peace and privacy - and so far I am loving it! I have my antique bedroom suit in here as well as my L-shaped wood desk and still have plenty of room. There are also two large closets in this room so I am using one of them for my filing cabinet and general office storage, which I think will keep things much neater.

My second favorite place to be is in the recliner with the laptop, which is nice after the kids go to bed and I feel like sitting up and watching movies while reading or researching during commercial breaks :)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Cool!

Postby webturtle » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:15 pm

webturtle

Postby VacationGuy » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:12 pm

This morning I am working in the gazebo in my yard with my daughter playing nearby. Thank God for Wi Fi, iced tea and cool breeezes! This is not quite my dream office, but its darn close.
VacationGuy

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:06 am

I just ordered a big comfy hammock swing for my back yard, which I cant wait to get & set up!

()

I've had my eye on it for awhile, and jokingly referred to it as "the ultimate office chair" :lol: ... but you cant deny that a warm Spring day, a tall glass of ice tea and a laptop would turn this swing into the perfect outdoor office!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby CorpRebel » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:16 pm

CorpRebel

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:27 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby chippewapublishing » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:22 am

My dream home office is like the desk and computer where Diane Keaton wrote as Erika Barry in 'Somethings Gotta Give'. Nice, simple. One computer, a big open space, and a view of the ocean.

I'd also like a place downtown where I can get away from kids or bring them if I need to. Some place to pick up the mail and have people working for me although I'm working from home ;-) My esacpe office. LOL.

Rebecca
chippewapublishing

Previous

Return to Home Office Talk