[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How do you organize your goals? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How do you organize your goals?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

How do you organize your goals?

Postby sfdavis918 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:29 pm

sfdavis918

Postby stanhook » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:23 pm

stanhook

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:53 pm

Hi Sarah :D

You might want to start small - with 5 to 10 core pages (or whatever is "small" or "core" for your site) and then set a goal to add x number of pages to the site each week or each month.

If it is a large site, this works very well. If it is a small site, step one is getting it up - then you can focus on the marketing plan.

Whichever direction you decide to go, I highly recommend that you optimize your web pages for the search engines as you go. If you havent already done keyword research, that is where you should begin. (You can use the at WordTracker) This will help you to understand your target market better and get an idea exactly what they are looking for... so that you can go back to your site plans and make sure that you are delivering just that ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Baggs » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:15 am

Sarah

I suffer from a similar problem and am easily sidetracked! I find that I need to focus on one or two things at a time otherwise I get lots of things half finished, but none finished.

I use an A5 page a day diary as a 'day book' and just write a long todo list when starting a new site - everything from ideas or things to add, features, articles, etc as well as the practial things that must be done - colour scheme, layout, site structure.

Once I have this brain dump I prioritise by numbering each of the items and work through, crossing through each item when complete to track my progress.

If I think of more things along the way, they just go on the todo list and I come to them when I need to.

Ongoing I also have a todo for each site so that I don't forget features that I think of or need doing, and when I need a (mental) change from a project I am working on I dip into these, rather than wasting time wondering what I could be doing productively.
Baggs

Postby karadawn » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:49 pm

I normally use several dry erase boards, so that my goals (long term and short term) stay in front of me at all times. I use 2 or 3 at any given time, and it helps me stay organized (which I need all the help I can get!).
karadawn

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Mon May 09, 2005 12:25 pm

I do it two ways. I use the One Page Business Plan to create a plan and I do mind mapping.
ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby Jeff Casmer » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:52 pm

Jeff Casmer

Postby americandream » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:07 am

americandream

Re: How do you organize your goals?

Postby avrr » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:40 pm

avrr

Postby womaninbiz » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:16 pm

I set a to-do-list of things I need to complete via my website and cross them off as I complete each of them.

I do a little bit each day or sometimes I just designate a day to website updates and do all I can in that one day, but I know ahead of time what I plan to add since I have it written down.

Just try to stay on track, trying to do too many things at one time makes it very difficult to complete even one task in it's entirety.
womaninbiz

Postby sugarrae » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:58 pm

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:59 pm

Jeff Casmer

Postby Alexander » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:08 am

do you know "Pareto Principle" 80/20? 20 percent of your tasks will account for 80 percent of the value of what you do. If you have a looooong to do list just ask yourself is this task in the top 20 percent of my activities or in the bottom 80.
Alexander

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:42 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ProWriter » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:40 am

I recently wrote an article about effective goal setting

http://donyell.com/articles/goalsetting.pdf
ProWriter

Next

Return to Home Office Talk