[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - how does everyone do it? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

how does everyone do it?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby mvmc » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:23 pm

My mother has 10 years between me and my brother. My sister is in the middle but she is only 2 1/2 years younger than me.
mvmc

Postby netadventures » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:41 pm

I like that once a month cooking idea, Lynn. Right now, I simply don't cook. During the week we eat store-bought frozen, bagged salads, stuff like that, and on weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) we do take-out. It's gotten to the point where all the nearby take-out places know my husband!

We rarely get fast food, though, except for pizza on the odd week night when there's nothing in the freezer. Luckily, we have an amazing Japanese restaurant at the end of our street, and a tex-mex place and a chicken place nearby. And then there are those lovely deli-roasted chickens at the grocery store.

This year so far I've lucked out. My sister loves to cook, and she's been coming over with her kids on Monday nights. The deal is, I buy the food and she cooks it. It works for me!

My kids are 13, 11 and 1 1/2. The baby is still napping - he just began extending his nap to two and a half hours, actually. I am dreading losing that nap time. I get so much done then.

- BJ
netadventures

Postby stephfoster » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:15 pm

I've been trying to get DH to understand that the freezer in our apartment is too full, and we can't buy too much meat on special right now, because I need the room to pre-make meals for after this baby is born in about two more months! So of course the day after I explain that, and tell him he has to cook the ribs he's had in there for months (ah, the suffering, he LOVES ribs), he goes to the store and gets more, just in case the ones in the freezer were too old. Guess what's in the freezer now?
stephfoster

Postby queenofmp » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:10 am

queenofmp

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:03 pm

Hi,

I am a stay at home dad with 3 kids and my youngest son has autism. I still manage to work my home business and earn close to 6 figures. I have a very strict schedule that I must maintain or I cant get my work done or take care of my customers. I usually get up early before the kids to get significant work done. When they take a nap during the day I usually do as well. When they go to bed I am usually on the pc doing my work and I repeat this every week day except weekend.

Discipline plus focus equals success.

Good luck!
Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Previous

Return to Home Office Talk