[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What a mess! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What a mess!

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

What a mess!

Postby stephfoster » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:21 pm

I finally sort of have my home office set up again... for this week at least.

My husband and I had to move from the house we were renting rooms in because my sister (the owner) got married and what a surprise, would rather have the place to herself now. We found what sounded like a great apartment, playground literally outside our patio for our daughter, great amenities...

Lousy upkeep. I'm 6-1/2 months pregnant and we've decided it's worth the stress to move again. So next week we're trying a new place.

Now, I'm not that picky, and I'll admit that many of the problems we've dealt with relate more to the previous tenant not telling management about problems, but even with that taken into consideration, this place has been a disaster. Their 24 hour guarantee for repairs leans more toward a week, and all the repair people seem to be new to the job.

Probably the worst problem, and the one that decided us on the move is that if the microwave is on, the lights flicker, and if the computer is on, the power has a fair chance of going out. Obviously, that makes one more inconvenience, and one I can't have with an online home business. Poor wiring job, obviously, and no word if they're even going to try to fix it for us. Not that it matters now.

So I've finally gotten back online using a dialup connection. I can hardly wait to get into the new place we're renting and have a cable connection again... we figured out before the cable was installed that we weren't staying, and why pay for two installations? It's so nice to be able to get a tiny, tiny bit of work done again.

So much for home office organization. It's all in boxes still!
stephfoster

Postby kdwells » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:32 pm

Stephanie, good luck with your move!!

My entire house is in boxes too. We've been doing a major remodeling project for over six months now. It just won't end!

The good thing that has come of this, is that a lot of the stuff that's packed up, I haven't missed a bit. I also got a chance to find out just how many extra office supplies I had laying around that I didn't need.

Like four boxes of empty binders. Hello! They won't fill themselves! *lol*

I do miss all my books though. I finally dragged a few out, and I've been reading them in bits and pieces.
kdwells

Postby mvmc » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:19 am

my house is still in boxes too. I moved in June last year! I have a back room full and some in each room. I get out what I need, some day I will go through the rest of my stuff and get rid of most of it, for now I need to concentrate on cleaning the rest of my house by fall (when the baby is due).
mvmc

Postby stephfoster » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:40 pm

I don't have that long! My baby is due in March. We're mostly out of the boxes, but still need to get the more difficult stuff put away.
stephfoster

Postby mvmc » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:59 pm

my sister in law is due in march too....she is having boy #5!!!
She really wanted a girl this time....I guess she will just have to borrow my daughter sometimes.
mvmc

Postby stephfoster » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:26 pm

Boy here too, but he'll be my mother's first grandson. She has 4 granddaughters and 4 daughters, so boys are rather uncommon in my family. Used to be worse. Up until 2003, there hadn't been any boys born on her side of the family in about 50 years, the last being my mother's brother.
stephfoster

Postby mvmc » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:06 pm

My dad had the curse of being the only boy to carry on the Richards' name. That has now been passed to my brother. I think my husband will be the same way. His brother is 27 or so and hasn't had any kids. Dont think he will either.
mvmc

Return to Home Office Talk